24 Hour Fitness USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at 24 Hour Fitness USA
Job TitleFacility Technician
Location45 Montgomery St, San Francisco, California 94104
Who we are
At 24 Hour Fitness we are committed to our mission of creating a healthier, happier world. We are passionate about providing a fitness community that is accessible, affordable, and welcoming to everyone. We're on the hunt for enthusiastic team members who are committed to being the best part of each other's day and who have a genuine desire to help our members achieve results they can feel proud of.
The sneakers you will fill
As a Facility Technician, you set the foundational stage to our Service Promise of ensuring a clean, friendly, and well-maintained club. Your daily focus is to ensure proper operation of all club areas and equipment, which ensures a safe, outstanding experience for our members. When a member comes in looking for their favorite machine, you'll be the reason it's working.
How you will spend your days
- Conducting a daily walk-through of the facility, identifying repair/service needs, and maintaining the club's Maintenance Log
- Partnering with the General Manager and Assistant General Manager to discuss club maintenance needs
- Maintaining, or overseeing outside service provider maintenance of, the pool/spa/steam/sauna to ensure proper chemical balances, draining, and general servicing
- Procuring repair parts, materials, tools, and equipment
- Performing routine preventative maintenance, including upkeep of associated logs and history files
- Performing monthly OSHA safety checks as required on the OSHA / Preventative Maintenance Guidelines, and modeling all OSHA, company and Facilities department safety guidelines on a daily basis
- Connecting with members while on the floor to help maximize their club experience
What you bring
- General experience in repair/maintenance of equipment and physical building
- General knowledge of HVAC and/or electrical equipment
- 2 years' experience in operations/maintenance preferred
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, analytical problem solving, and communication skills
- Demonstrated success in priority management and agility in responding to shifting priorities
- General understanding of computer skills, including email
- Previous experience in health club maintenance strongly preferred
- Availability for overtime work
- Reliable transportation
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Must be able to work in an environment with occasionally high noise levels. The sound of weights clinking, feet flying across treadmills, and the laughter of lives changing can get loud.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Daily duties include lifting weights, squatting, bending, reaching, remaining in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time, and moving for prolonged periods of time.
- Frequently moves fitness equipment weighing a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Regularly exposed to pool chemicals, cleaning supplies, and grease/oil from cardiovascular equipment.
- Travel between clubs to service multiple facilities may be required
- Full-time, flexible availability across week days, weekends, and holidays
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. See Job Description for further information about this job.