Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional Political Director
The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) seeks a Pacific Northwest and Mountain West Regional Political Director based in San Francisco to oversee pro-Israel political activity throughout the region (Northern CA, Northern Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, North Dakota and South Dakota). AIPAC is a registered domestic lobby whose principal mission is to work with Congress on legislation that strengthens the United States and Israel. As a member of the Pacific Northwest Region’s senior staff, the RPD is responsible for, but not limited to:
- Develop and implement pro-Israel political strategies for each Congressional district in the region
- Track and analyze local campaign activity
- Manage AIPAC’s legislative mobilizations within the region
- Provide senior level insight to the regional office and Political team
- Organize and speak at political briefings in communities throughout the region to encourage active political participation
- Serve as an expert speaker in public forums that work to educate and engage new and current activists to facilitate pro-Israel activism in their communities
- Manage the Pacific Northwest political department; including the Progressive Outreach Director
- Coordinate with AIPAC lobbyists on relationships with local members of Congress
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience required, Masters degree preferred
- Passion for a strong U.S.-Israel relationship and commitment to AIPAC’s mission
- Minimum of 5 years of political experience, working on political campaigns, Capitol Hill, or other relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to juggle many different projects simultaneously
- A collaborative personal style
- Knowledge of Middle East current events strongly preferred
- Please provide cover letter with resume to be considered. Incomplete applications with missing documentation will not be considered.
- If applying for more than one position please use the 'Attachments' function to attach position specific cover letter.
- Please use your legal name when completing the employment application. (No nicknames)
- AIPAC is an equal opportunity employer.