Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Restructuring Director, Alvarez & Marsal (San Francisco office)
Alvarez & Marsal is a premier independent global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. Our talent drives our success, resulting in our Restructuring & Turnaround practice becoming one of the largest and most recognized in the industry. Our successes managing some of the largest crises in the world (e.g. Lehman Brothers and Arthur Anderson), as well as preserving iconic brands through restructuring (e.g. iHeart and Gibson Brands) have earned us multiple industry awards such as: Turnaround Management Association’s (TMA’s) 2019 Turnaround of the Year: International Company - Seadrill Limited; TMA’s – 2019 Transaction of the Year: Mid-Size Company - Gibson Brands, Inc. and 2018 Transaction of the Year: Large Company - Performance Sports Group Ltd.
As a Restructuring Director, you will have the opportunity to work alongside professionals recognized as authorities across a diverse set of industries, and with the guidance of the most talented restructuring practitioners, you will drive changes that preserve and create value, impacting the world’s most recognized organizations, and their people.
What will you be doing?
You will be leading a team overseeing a diverse range of projects involving turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, helping underperforming businesses navigate their restructuring process and creating a lasting positive impact on organizations.
We advise on every aspect of the restructuring process – from the strategy, to cash conservation/liquidity management, to business plan development and implementation – providing you with a wide range of experiences and projects. You will be leading a team across all phases and aspects of financial and operational restructuring and turnaround initiatives, for companies both in and out of bankruptcy or fiscal distress. You will oversee stabilizing core operations by formulating and managing turnaround plans and negotiating with senior management and other key stakeholders. Working day-to-day alongside our clients, you will develop an in-depth understanding of the client’s processes, financial position and key operational performance drivers. This understanding is needed in order to create and implement successful restructuring and turnaround initiatives.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and executing restructuring and turnaround plans to improve an organization’s overall performance and enterprise value.
- Providing day to day team management to ensure plans, budgets, and schedules are adhered to.
- Acting as the point of contact for certain assigned workstreams within a client engagement.
- Performing and overseeing analysis on company business plans.
- Reviewing and presenting 13-week Cash Flow and 3 Statement Financial models to clients.
- Leading clients through various processes, including making working capital improvements, bankruptcy preparation, liquidation analysis, credit agreement negotiations, and claims processing.
- Assessing key business operational performance drivers.
- Developing and sensitizing business plans to aid management.
- Developing and reviewing cost reduction initiatives and execution milestones.
- Reviewing bankruptcy plans, strategies, disclosure statements and 363 Sales processes.
- Implementing cash conservation guidelines and controls.
- Training, mentoring and performance evaluation of junior staff.
Who you will be working with?
At A&M you will have the opportunity to work on the most disruptive restructuring and turnaround projects in the industry and the world. You will be working alongside senior management and a team of experienced A&M professionals from a variety of backgrounds that bring a wealth of industry depth and knowledge. Relying on your ability to effectively handle pressure in stressful situations and prioritize multiple work streams, you will work in a fast paced, deeply collaborative team environment. You will build rapport and develop credible relationships with clients, legal counsel and investment bankers, and be relied on to proactively communicate with your team, external parties and client leadership.
How will you grow and be supported?
As a Restructuring Director, you will have the opportunity to gain invaluable experiences leading interesting and critical projects across industries and sectors. As a team leader, you will also be collaboratively working closely with many experienced professionals who will provide you with different perspectives and feedback, allowing you to continuously develop your skills through experience.
We offer competitive benefits and opportunities to support your personal and professional development. Click to learn about our commitment to your well-being. A&M recognizes that our people fuel our growth, so we will provide you with the best available learning and development resources through formalized and on the job training, as well as networking opportunities with restructuring industry contacts (e.g. attorneys, bankers, etc.). Click here to visit our LinkedIn Lifestyle page to learn more about why A&M is a great place work.
- At least 10+ years of work experience in corporate restructuring, investment or commercial banking, and/or consulting or corporate positions with a financial or accounting focus, 5+ years of which is direct restructuring experience.
- BA/BS degree and/or MBA/MS in Accounting, Finance, or other related analytical and quantitative fields.
- Understanding of the fundamental aspects of a Chapter 11 proceeding.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP), Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills are a must.
- Ability to identify key operational performance drivers, cash flow forecasting, and flexibility to support clients with a broad array of issues.
- Prior proven experience leading and managing work streams and mentoring junior staff.
- Proven understanding of financial modeling and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience in developing a business plan.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of client personnel.
- Team player who can excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment.
- Ability to establish credibility and influence clients.
- Commitment to living and promoting A&M’s cultural values: integrity, leadership, objectivity, inclusive diversity and fun.
- Willingness to travel 100%.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Alvarez & Marsal was founded in 1983 when Tony Alvarez II and Bryan Marsal recognized the opportunity to provide radically different advice and hands-on support to organizations facing operational and financial hurdles – situations demanding action, objectivity and real results.
Mavericks determined to challenge the prevailing approach to management consulting, Alvarez & Marsal's (A&M) founders helped pave the way for what became an industry: turnaround management, corporate restructuring and performance improvement for companies and stakeholders.
Often compared to corporate doctors, the founders built a culture through the years – blending together a mix of operating managers, functional experts and consultants. The firm grew at a measured pace to maintain quality and increase A&M's global reach and capabilities.
Committed to its core values, A&M has since evolved from a boutique player to the premier independent global professional services firm with a reputation for providing leadership, problem-solving and value-creation to under performing and robust companies across the industry spectrum. The firm today tackles wide ranging issues, with a focus on preserving and maximizing enterprise value.
With an operational heritage and depth of senior resources, A&M teams are able to rapidly diagnose and execute practical solutions in complex business environments by:
- Understanding Opportunities and Challenges
- Collaborating and Listening
- Planning and Partnering
- Building Consensus
- Supporting and Guiding / Leading
- Establishing a Self-Sustaining Organization
When the stakes are high, companies and stakeholders look to A&M to help find the right answer and deliver the solution in a variety of service areas. Whether serving as trusted advisers or in interim management roles to accelerate positive change, A&M professionals are on the ground across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America – drawing on a proud operational heritage, never resting on our laurels.