Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Restructuring Senior Associate
at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Restructuring and Turnaround Senior Associate, Alvarez & Marsal (San Francisco office)
Alvarez & Marsal is a premier independent global professional services firm specializing in providing turnaround management, restructuring, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. Our talent drives our success, resulting in our Restructuring & Turnaround practice becoming one of the largest and most recognized in the industry. Our successes managing some of the largest crises in the world (e.g. Lehman Brothers and Arthur Anderson), as well as preserving iconic brands through restructuring (e.g. iHeart and Gibson Brands) have earned us multiple industry awards such as: Turnaround Management Association’s (TMA’s) 2019 Turnaround of the Year: International Company - Seadrill Limited; TMA’s – 2019 Transaction of the Year: Mid-Size Company - Gibson Brands, Inc. and 2018 Transaction of the Year: Large Company - Performance Sports Group Ltd.
As a Restructuring & Turnaround Senior Associate, you will have the opportunity to work alongside professionals recognized as authorities across a diverse set of industries, and with the guidance of the most talented restructuring practitioners, you will drive changes that preserve and create value, impacting the world’s most recognized organizations, and their people.
What will you be doing?
You will be working closely with companies across a variety of industries to help underperforming businesses navigate their restructuring process and create a lasting positive impact on the organization.
We advise on every aspect of the restructuring process – from the strategy, to cash conservation/liquidity management, to business plan development and implementation - providing you with a wide range of experiences and projects. Leveraging your resourcefulness and independent judgment, you will help develop solutions to critical problems to improve an organization’s overall performance and enterprise value by developing and executing restructuring and turnaround plans. You will be applying your analytical skills and deep understanding of accounting and finance to a diverse range of projects in turnaround, restructuring, bankruptcy and performance improvement. Your involvement with these projects will typically include:
- Building and managing 13-week cash flow forecast.
- Building a liquidation analysis to address feasibility of Plan of Reorganization.
- Working with client to create a long-term business plan in order to track and manage business performance, manage working capital, and implement cost reduction initiatives.
- Implementing cash conservation strategy and controls.
- Developing pre-bankruptcy plans and assisting with bankruptcy case administration, which includes supporting the handling of creditor constituents and preparing bankruptcy documents.
- Supporting marketing initiatives by assisting with the pitch preparation process.
- Leading a work stream within a project and coaching and mentoring junior resources.
Working as a partner to our clients by building consultative relationships, you will develop an in-depth understanding of the client’s processes, financial positions and key operational performance drivers in order to surface and address key issues, from the big picture to the smallest details. Relying on your ability to communicate and problem solve, you will present your analyses and insights to a variety of audiences.
Who will you be working with?
At A&M you will have the opportunity to work on the most disruptive restructuring and turnaround projects in the industry and the world. You will be working alongside senior management and a team of experienced A&M professionals from a variety of backgrounds that bring a wealth of industry depth and knowledge. Relying on your ability to effectively handle pressure in stressful situations and prioritize multiple work streams, you will work in a fast paced, deeply collaborative team environment. You will build rapport and develop credible relationships with clients, legal counsel and investment bankers, and be relied on to proactively communicate with your team, external parties and client leadership.
How will you grow and be supported?
As a Restructuring Senior Associate, you will have the opportunity to take your career to the next level by gaining invaluable experience across industries and sectors on a variety of interesting and critical projects. As part of a team, you will be working closely with many experienced professionals who will provide you with developmental feedback and growth opportunities.
We offer competitive benefits and opportunities to support your personal and professional development. Click to learn about our commitment to your well-being. A&M recognizes that our people drive our growth, so we will provide you with the best available learning and development resources through formalized and on the job training, as well as networking opportunities with restructuring industry contacts (e.g. attorneys, bankers, etc.). Click here to visit our LinkedIn Lifestyle page to learn more about why A&M is a great place work.
- At least 6+ years of work experience in corporate restructuring, investment or commercial banking, and/or consulting or corporate positions with a financial or accounting focus, 4+ years of which is direct restructuring experience.
- BA/BS degree and/or MBA/MS in Accounting, Finance, or other related analytical fields.
- Advanced Microsoft, PowerPoint, and Word skills a must.
- Professional certifications such as Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP), Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or demonstrated progress toward such certifications preferred.
- Understanding of the fundamental aspects of Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Advanced level of experience in financial modeling with ability to build 13-week cash flow forecast and 3-statement financial models with limited oversight.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to communicate with all levels of client personnel.
- Commitment to living A&M’s cultural values: integrity, leadership, objectivity, inclusive diversity, and fun.
- Team player who can excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment.
- Willingness to travel 100%.
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Alvarez & Marsal was founded in 1983 when Tony Alvarez II and Bryan Marsal recognized the opportunity to provide radically different advice and hands-on support to organizations facing operational and financial hurdles – situations demanding action, objectivity and real results.
Mavericks determined to challenge the prevailing approach to management consulting, Alvarez & Marsal's (A&M) founders helped pave the way for what became an industry: turnaround management, corporate restructuring and performance improvement for companies and stakeholders.
Often compared to corporate doctors, the founders built a culture through the years – blending together a mix of operating managers, functional experts and consultants. The firm grew at a measured pace to maintain quality and increase A&M's global reach and capabilities.
Committed to its core values, A&M has since evolved from a boutique player to the premier independent global professional services firm with a reputation for providing leadership, problem-solving and value-creation to under performing and robust companies across the industry spectrum. The firm today tackles wide ranging issues, with a focus on preserving and maximizing enterprise value.
With an operational heritage and depth of senior resources, A&M teams are able to rapidly diagnose and execute practical solutions in complex business environments by:
- Understanding Opportunities and Challenges
- Collaborating and Listening
- Planning and Partnering
- Building Consensus
- Supporting and Guiding / Leading
- Establishing a Self-Sustaining Organization
When the stakes are high, companies and stakeholders look to A&M to help find the right answer and deliver the solution in a variety of service areas. Whether serving as trusted advisers or in interim management roles to accelerate positive change, A&M professionals are on the ground across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America – drawing on a proud operational heritage, never resting on our laurels.