American Express Global Business Travel
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VIP Corporate Travel Consultant - ONSITE - San Francisco
at American Express Global Business Travel
As an American Express Corporate Travel Counselor, you will join a team of other highly skilled Travel Counselors who provide exceptional traveler care to GBT corporate clients. This exceptional, high touch service will create a positive experience that will leave your travel clients truly impressed. You will be accountable for both individual and shared team goals, responsible for providing customer service and accurate completion of both international, domestic travel arrangements and special requests.
Get ready to make impressions that will last! Listed below are more details where you will make an impact during your day…
We are seeking a VIP Travel Counselor whose duties will include executive servicing of all our Onsite VIP Corporate Travelers.
- Complete all business travel arrangements and/or service requests.
- Make the customer aware of their company travel policy, and communicate this to ensure adherence.
- Ensure customer traveler profiles and details are accurate.
- Provide advice on visa, passport and security requirements relating to the destination and confirm the issuing details for each reservation
- Make recommendations for improvement to processes, technical or otherwise, to ensure maximum quality and efficiency.
- Undertake self-development and training to enhance skills to ensure achievement of both personal and business goals
- Develop a solid understanding of the corporate travel industry, and the key drivers for our customers.
- Demonstrate commitment to customers, provide unsurpassed service by understanding, anticipating, and exceeding their expectations.
- Carry out systematic and rational analysis to identify the root cause of issues, make informed judgment, anticipate and prevent recurring problems
- Act with integrity and confidentiality and protect sensitive information
- Minimum of 5+ years VIP Corporate Travel Counselor experience REQUIRED
- Must have experience interacting with Executive Level Teams
- Sabre GDS system experience is REQUIRED
- Must be located in the San Francisco, CA area and willing work onsite at the client location
- Must be flexible to work between the hours of 7:00am - 7:00pm PST
- High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor Degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of international fare construction and airline routing principles including tax rates
- Display highest level of integrity when dealing with internal & external customers
- Ability to serve multi-cultural travelers and handle multiple clients
- Professional written and verbal communication skills are required
Hours of Operation for this account: Monday - Friday between 7 AM - 7 PM PST
AEGBT operates in a 24x7x365 environment in order to provide exceptional traveler care to our customers. These hours may change in order to meet business demands. With appropriate notice, all of our employees must be flexible to work at any time between those hours regardless of their current schedule. Periodically, employees may be required to work at least one weekend day, or as business needs dictate. As business demands change, these hours could change and shifts will be altered to include a time slot within the 24x7 hour period. Our company abides by all Federal and Provincial laws to ensure employees are compensated appropriately.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
LocationUnited States>California>San Francisco
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) is the world’s leading business partner for managed travel. We help companies and employees prosper by making sure travelers are present where and when it matters. We keep global business moving with the powerful backing of 16,000 travel professionals in more than 140 countries. Companies of all sizes, and in all places, rely on GBT to provide travel management services, organize meetings and events, and deliver business travel consulting.