Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Practice Broker/Account Executive
Aon is looking for a Construction Practice Broker/Account Executive!
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting a large worldwide construction account. Based in San Francisco, CA, the role has heavy emphasis on service delivery; ensuring the client’s needs are promptly and accurately satisfied; all deadlines are met on a timely basis; internal and client standards are maintained, while managing assignments independently and creatively.
Your impact as a Construction Practice Broker/Account Executive
- Engage client on a daily basis to assess areas where Aon can best provide resources and support to their risk management function.
- Problem solving - can be any topic requiring an array of skills or connections.
- Proactively manage and coordinate new business and renewals to ensure all necessary steps are completed in a timely fashion by gathering exposure information, producing submissions, communicating quotations/options with the client, ensure coverage is bound prior to the effective dates and binders are continually refreshed as required prior to policy receipt.
- Clear all coverage subjectivities and contingencies and ensure that policy documentation accurately reflects the coverages, terms, and conditions agreed.
- Complete regulatory documentation as required.
- Meet compliance standards.
- Day-to-day servicing activities.
- Prepare coverage comparisons, letters, and reports as required.
- Ensure all communications, both written and verbal, received from clients, markets, other Aon offices, and third parties are acknowledged promptly.
- Coordinate activity with other Aon offices or third parties to ensure smooth coordination of all client activity and delivery of services.
- Assist in development of documents and presentations for specific client construction and management projects.
- Utilize the Aon billing and policy management systems, other data management platforms some of which are hosted by the client.
- Maintain daily work in progress reports.
- Monitor, summarize and report on claims.
- Undertake various duties as assigned by unit leads and client.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Active listener and participant engaged in all aspects of client’s risk management function.
- Develop positive productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Maintain a strong sense of urgency, the ability to prioritize concurrent assignments, and the flexibility to navigate between projects.
- Able to organize, monitor and control work flow to meet competing deadlines.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within the unit and office.
- Minimum 10 years construction related Property, Casualty and associated coverages experience, with emphasis on liability coverage
- California P&C Brokers License
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and other office applications (successful candidate will use Excel intensively)
- CPCU, ARM, ARe or CRIS designations desired
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.