Aspire Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Aide, SPED
at Aspire Public Schools
This position is a pool which means that it stays posted continuously due to positions frequently becoming available throughout the school year.
Aspire Public Schools operates 40 high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools serving 16,000 students in underserved communities across California and in Memphis, Tennessee. Founded in 1998, Aspire is one of the nation’s largest open-enrollment public charter school systems serving predominantly low-income students, and delivering a rigorous College for Certain education to students in grades K-12.
Our promise at Aspire Public Schools is that every child receives a high-quality education to prepare them for success in college, career and life. Every day, our community of students, parents, teachers and staff come together to learn and grow so that every child’s aspirations are within reach.
Behind every successful student is a passionate and dedicated team.Together, we will change the odds for underserved students, ensuring that every student is prepared to earn a college degree.
The Instructional Aide will provide support for students with disabilities (IEP students) in the school environment and support the Special Education Teacher, General Education teacher/s and/or Speech & Language Pathologist, while upholding the core values of Aspire Public Schools.
What You Will Do:
- Assist Special Education teacher in supporting students with Individual Education Plans (IEPs) within the school setting.
- Provide services, supports and interventions directly to students, under the guidance and daily supervision of the Special Education teachers.
- Assist in providing materials to help classroom teacher create curriculum modifications for students
- Help provide testing accommodations, (e.g., supervise student testing in a separate location or during an extended time, etc.)
- Implement the IEP with fidelity (i.e. provide 1:1 support to student in classroom, support student(s) with toileting needs, assist with health-related needs (g-tube, feeding, administration of medication) (under supervision of school nurse) and assist with the physical needs of students (lifting/ assisting with mobility, implementing student stretching/exercise routines.)
- Create and implement instructional materials that are accommodated/modified for individualized students.
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Regularly collaborate with members of the IEP team (GE teacher, Education Specialist, Speech and Language Pathologist, Instructional Aides, Administrators, Program Specialist and Other Service providers.)
What You Will Bring:
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and different learning styles
- Familiarity with students with students that demonstrate moderate-severe needs.
- Ability and willingness to implement students’ individualized education programs
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve on practice
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing conditions; ability and good judgment to take initiative to modify activities
- Associate’s degree or successful completion of 2 years of college experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Teaching, or related field preferred
- 1+ year working with students in special education with moderate / severe needs or students from urban communities in an educational setting
Aspire offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits, including paid time off, 100% core health benefits coverage, life insurance/long-term disability, participation in a CA or TN state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.