Aspire Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Aspire Public Schools
Aspire Public Schools operates 40 high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools serving 16,000 students in underserved communities across California and in Memphis, Tennessee. Founded in 1998, Aspire is one of the nation’s largest open-enrollment public charter school systems serving predominantly low-income students, and delivering a rigorous College for Certain education to students in grades K-12.
Our promise at Aspire Public Schools is that every child receives a high-quality education to prepare them for success in college, career and life. Every day, our community of students, parents, teachers and staff come together to learn and grow so that every child’s aspirations are within reach.
Behind every successful student is a passionate and dedicated team.Together, we will change the odds for underserved students, ensuring that every student is prepared to earn a college degree.
The Physical Education Teacher provides high quality, personalized education program in general children's physical education within a small school environment where every student is known and valued as an individual.
What You Will Do:
- Assist in establishing a culture of high expectations that includes the shared belief that every student will attend college.
- Under the general supervision of the principal, coordinate physical activities aligned with TN State Standards.
- Refine and differentiate physical education activities based on student needs, capability, interests, performance level, etc.
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve practices throughout the school; share best practices.
- Communicate regularly with students and their families about activities and student progress.
- Involve parents and guardians as partners in their students’ education.
- Manage student behavior to ensure every student is fully engaged.
- Actively participate in professional development activities, and work closely with lead teachers, and principal.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Aspire Public Schools.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Work in collaboration with Principal and Home Office to achieve site and organizational goals
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and support, Aspire Public Schools mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
What You Will Bring:
- Ability to coordinate organized games and exercise activities for students
- Knowledge of child development and various learning styles
- Ability and willingness to implement best practices
- Ability and willingness to reflect and improve practices
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues, parents and community
- Computer and Internet search skills
- Bachelor Degree
- Physical Education credential
- 1-3 years working with children
Aspire offers its employees a competitive salary and benefits, including paid time off, 100% core health benefits coverage, life insurance/long-term disability, participation in a CA or TN state retirement plan, tuition reimbursement plan, and adoption assistance program.
How to Apply:
Learn more about working at Aspire and apply at www.aspirepublicschools.org/join.
Aspire Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Aspire promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.