Atria Senior Living
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Memory Care Activity Specialist - Atria Park Pacific Palisades
at Atria Senior Living
- Care - Memory Care
- Community Name
- Park of Pacific Palisades
- Requisition ID
- Employment Type
- Leads assigned Life Guidance programs and develops service plans.
- Offers adequate and diversified recreational activities to residents with sufficient supervision for each activity.
- Proactively involves all Life Guidance staff in the planning and implementation of the daily program which includes all activities of daily living.
- Plans individual birthday celebrations for each resident.
- Develops programs for residents including, if applicable, programs designed for residents confined to their rooms.
- Engages and motivates residents resulting in program participation.
- Greets new residents making a special effort to include and engage them in activities and introduce them to others in the community with similar interests and backgrounds.
- Assists in planning parties and activities as well as decorating the community according to the season and/or holiday throughout the years as well as planning monthly birthday parties to honor residents.
- Supports and actively participates in the community’s census building initiatives.
- Maintains records of all activities, resident participation levels and acceptance of each activity by residents as required by state law.
- Assists Life Guidance Director in enlisting the services of volunteers to aid the activities program.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years prior experience with an adult population developing and implementing activities and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of the methods of recreational therapy or activity programming and their application to activity and leisure needs of residents with Alzheimer’s/Dementia.
- Required certification(s) based on current state regulations.
- Able to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
Activity Coordinator, Activity Planner, Event Planner, Memory Care, Dementia, Alzheimer’s, Alzheimers Event Coordinator, Activity, Activities, Event
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in 190 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 14,600 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-free work environment.