Barneys New York
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Restaurant General Manager
at Barneys New York
Celebrating our legacy of modern fashion, creativity, individuality, and intrigue by providing every guest with an unparalleled customer experience. We are currently seeking a Full-Time General Manager for Freds Restaurant at our San Francisco flagship.
The General Manager is a senior-level executive responsible for running all aspects of a profitable restaurant in accordance with the standards of Freds and Barneys New York and is the leader in setting the tone and culture of the restaurant to ensure success in customer service, profitability and operations, and restaurant standards.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Take care of guests. Use common sense and creativity to solve guest problems in a prompt, professional, and appropriate manner to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Analyze business performance and strategies to maximize opportunity and improve the overall performance of the restaurant.
- Ensure that the operational functions of the restaurant (expense, budgets, restaurant maintenance, sales audit) are carried out.
- Ensure that the Loss Prevention functions are effectively performed so that assets are protected and shortage is minimized.
- Work with store Human Resources in regards to employee relations, recruitment, selection, and training.
- Serve as an effective and creative participant in coordinating and executing special events to maximize results.
- College degree preferred.
- Five years experience as a Restaurant Manager/Supervisor, preferably in a fine dining environment.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine, and food handling and service.
- Knowledge of various food service styles (i.e., French service).
- Fluency in English. Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication.
- Familiarity with food and beverage cost controls.
- Ability to:
- Enforce standards, policies, and procedures with restaurant staff.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments and delegate work.
- Direct performance of restaurant staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
- Motivate restaurant staff and maintain a cohesive team.
- Ascertain restaurant training needs and provide such training.
- Suggestively sell menu items, beverages, and wines.
- Input and access information in MICROS system.
- Guest relations training.
- Culinary training.
Barneys New York offers competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and a generous discount. Only candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Barneys New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Freds at Barneys New York is a modern day bistro. The brainchild of Fred Pressman, son of Barneys New York founder Barney Pressman, Freds has something on the menu for everyone. We offer only the best ingredients and use local farm healthy foods. Whether it's lobster bisque, robiola with truffle oil pizza, fresh pasta, Baltimore crab cakes or the nationally famous Mark's Madison Avenue salad, our guest’s appetite for taste and luxury are always satisfied.