Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dean of Students
at BASIS Independent
Dean of Students
|Office:||BASIS Independent Fremont|
BASIS Independent Fremont is seeking qualified candidates for a Dean of Students!
Who We Are
BASIS Independent Schools is a network of PreK-grade 12 private schools raising the standards of student learning to the highest international levels. In five years, we have established five leading private schools in some of the world's most dynamic regions, including New York City, Silicon Valley, and Northern Virginia, with more campuses opening in the coming years. BASIS Independent Schools is building a team of talented, passionate, and hard-working educators to ensure our students receive the best education in the world. Join us!
What We're Looking For
BASIS Independent Fremont is a TK-8 private school. As Dean of Students, you help lead the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive, achievement-oriented school culture. You will manage the behavior programs for the school and establish strong, mutually respectful relationships with students and families. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students at school.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Support teachers to resolve differences in communication with parents and students
- Organize and review results of various student assessments
- Review progress reports, mid-semester reports
- Organize and execute student academic and behavior support
- Maintain student discipline and follow through with documentation
- Coordinate the planning and preparation for new student orientation
- Communicate and meet with parents regarding student performance and/or conduct
- Participate in the development of academic and student schedules
- Participate in the planning and execution of standardized assessments
- Support teachers in building positive relationships with parents
- Coordinate student academic support interventions
- Work with other members of the Student Support team to operate after school programming
- Participate in all faculty and staff meetings
- Organize students' arrival and dismissal
- Have a strong belief in and adherence to the BASIS Curriculum
- Have relationship building skills
- Have an ability to effectively analyze data to improve student achievement
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have an ability to exercise excellent judgment and decision making
- Have excellent problem solving and negotiating skills
- Have an ability to work independently with diverse constituents while maintaining high professional standards
- Have exemplary organizational skills along with the ability to establish and manage multiple priorities and the ability to work under pressure
- Have an outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Have patience, flexibility and a sense of humor
- Bachelor's required, Master's preferred
- 3-5 years' experience in a primary school setting, preferably charter or independent
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
The Nitty Gritty
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS Independent Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Career Growth - We believe our people deserve every opportunity to utilize and expand their knowledge and skills, and to share their passions. From our classrooms to central operations, our culture is one of continuous learning, mentorship, and professional advancement in our schools or across our network.
- Retirement - Your future financial well-being is important to us. Even if you don't contribute to your 401K, we will contribute 3% and will match up to 9% after five years.
- Health Insurance - We want you to have the care you need. We offer three PPO medical plans to choose from, as well as dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending - Because health, childcare, and travel expenses can add up, we offer an FSA that allows for pre-tax dollars to cover medical, dependent care, and transit.
- Student Tuition Remission - You help us create a world-class program for our students. To show our appreciation, we offer your children significant tuition remission to attend our schools.
Note: BASIS Independent Schools, LLC (BINS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment and employees are provided equal employment opportunities, including in recruitment, hiring and assignment, without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion and religious creed, sex (including pregnancy and related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital or familial status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, military/veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law. BINS expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee or student harassment or discrimination.