Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shift Supervisor - Full-Time
at Benihana Restaurants
- # of Openings
- Store #
- Doing Business As
- Benihana San Francisco
- Business Unit
- Benihana National Corp.
- Position Type
The Shift Supervisor, under the direction of the Restaurant Manager, is responsible for supervising restaurant operations and personnel, and fill-in where necessary making sure the restaurant is operating in accordance to Benihana processes, standards and policies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and manages all areas of the restaurant and makes final decisions on guest service issues.
- Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints. Communicates with guests and employees to solve problems and ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Inspects dining room, food receiving, preparation, production and storage areas to ensure health and safety regulations are being adhered to at all times.
- Supervises cleaning and maintenance of equipment and other services.
- Maintains appropriate restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the restaurant. Assists in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures.
- Actively participates and leads store level events, initiatives and/or marketing activities.
- Follows all federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Ensures sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Ensures consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Supervises inventories.
- Supervises portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Ensures the receipt of all orders to verify correct quantities and pricing.
- Adheres to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
- Provides direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Proficiency in food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports. Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a POS system. Intermediate Microsoft Suite computer skills required. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
High School Graduate or equivalent. College degree in hospitality management or related field preferred. Minimum six (6) months in a leadership position at Benihana with good performance and positive results. Previous experience in teppanyaki style restaurant highly desirable. Serv Safe certified, alcohol service certified preferred. Any equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
Responsible for the supervision of staff, including but not limited to; servers, host/esses, barbacks, bartenders, buspersons, cashier, chefs, cook, delivery personnel, dishwashers, food runners, sushi chefs, kitchen helpers, sushi helpers, etc.
General restaurant environment. May be exposed to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, extreme cold, unpleasant odors, noise and toxic chemicals.
May require to stand for long periods of time. May also be required to carry, lift, move and push objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Movement requirements include feeling, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, fingering and climbing onto roof if necessary.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network! Text "Benihana" to 51893.