California Teachers Association
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Temporary Accountant III
at California Teachers Association
Available Internally & Externally 6/24/2020. Monthly Salary Range for external hires not affiliated with CTA is $6,338 - 6,840.
This position provides skilled accounting, membership, and processing services under minimum direction. Incumbent must maintain current knowledge of membership procedures and policies and exercise independent analysis and judgment. This position is generally responsible for the coordination and execution of numerous processing transactions that involve extensive communications with outside parties.
Duties and Responsibilities
Incumbent may perform any combination of the tasks listed below:
- Interprets processing and account reconciliation policies and procedures.
- Assists in the training of other staff as directed by Supervisor.
- Conducts training sessions with applicable parties with regards to accounting and processing policies.
- Collects, disburses and analyzes membership dues and other moneys received and reconciles local accounts utilizing accounting procedures.
- Processes and updates records.
- Prepares and processes transactions and data relating to the Association’s accounting system in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
- Prepares necessary accounting entries and documents to properly state and reconcile subsidiary and general ledger accounts.
- Maintains liaison with local and school districts and vendors that involves explaining membership requirements, verifying individual memberships and researching membership activity for locals, field offices, insurance companies, CTA conferences and State Council.
- Is responsible for the overall accuracy and accounting for a given set of assigned projects and reports.
- Uses accounting systems to perform general ledger functions.
- Coordinates work distribution and prioritization within given accounts or assignments.
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned.
Qualifications - Minimum Required
- BA or BS Degree or, AA Degree and two (2) years of relevant experience or, five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of accounting procedures and principles.
- Aptitude for figures and details; ability to prepare and analyze reports.
- Must have knowledge of financial report preparation and analyses.
- Good command of oral and written English.
- Ability to operate generally used office equipment.
- Must have the ability to exercise initiative, tact and good judgment.
- Must have the ability to organize and coordinate work plans involving associates.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure and adapt to changes in priorities.
- Must have the ability to analyze problems and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Ability to understand and use basic computer spreadsheet software.
- Knowledge of data processing applications.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
TEMPORARY POSITION NOT TO EXCEED 12 MONTHS
* This position is in a bargaining unit represented by CAS. Salaries are established by a collective bargaining agreement. Step placement is also determined by the CTA/CAS Agreement.