Crestline Hotels & Resorts, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Asst. Front Office Manager
at Crestline Hotels & Resorts, LLC
- Hotel Name
- Marriott Fisherman's Wharf San Francisco
- Bonus/Incentive Pay
The Assistant Front Office Manager at the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf Hotel will also be the acting MOD (Manager on Duty) when on shift. S/he will assist in the planning, direction, coordination and execution of all activities and personnel within the front office departments at the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf Hotel to include: front desk, bell/door, PBX and concierge, all of whom are part of two (2) local labor union houses.
S/he will be responsible for ensuring that all front office activities are carried out professionally, to standards and at the highest level of service. This will be done through assisting with competent, motivated and empowered staff.
S/he will help coach, motivate, engage and provide feedback to the front office staff on a daily basis. As the Manager on Duty, s/he will also need to assist and direct any guest needs in the areas of Valet and Food and Beverage.
At least 1 year of prior supervisory/management experience in the Front Office area; union experience a plus.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervisory, Leadership & Mentoring role for Hotel's Front Office employees and the hotel in absence of Management
- Maintain complete knowledge of all Front Office department policies/service procedures.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: a) all hotel features and services b) all room types, rates, special package and promotions c) daily arrivals / departures / room availability d) scheduled in-house group activities
- Complete daily walk-through of Front Office department areas observing the following and instructing designated personnel to rectify any organization deficiencies: Staffing -numbers, appearance, attitude Operational cleanliness and maintenance Service -appearance, merchandising, attitude General crispness, quality and consistency of operation Storage areas -organization, cleanliness, inventories and care of equipment Review and respond to daily operational demands as it relates to the hotel.
- Monitor and handle guest comments.
- Monitor security of public areas of the hotel.
- Establish par levels for supplies and equipment.
- Provide training, development, professional discipline, and positive support for all department employees to ensure qualitative standards and growth, depth and development.
- Help monitor interviewing and selection of all departmental positions to ensure consistency in administering direction, development of quality, depth and growth, and maintenance of positive motivation, morale and efficiency.
- Create and maintain a quality, professional work environment.
- Help to Administer performance evaluations for all departmental employees.
- Anticipate guests and employees needs and respond promptly.
- Promote positive guest relations at all times.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting to review information pertinent today's business.
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): or Work Equivalent plus 2 years of experience in Rooms Division management.
- Computer skills required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office preferred. Experience with hotel information systems is required (i.e PMS)