Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dish Room Supervisor
at CSU Chico
Associated Students of California State University, Chico is recruiting for a Dish Room Supervisor at Sutter Dining Hall. This is a full-time, academic-year (1700 hours annually), non-exempt position. The pay range for this position begins at $13.54 per hour; placement in the range is dependent upon experience. New hires are typically hired at the base of the range. The schedule will include five 8-hour shifts Monday through Friday; specific hours to be determined. The schedule is subject to change based on operational needs.
Associated Students offers excellent benefits to include medical, dental and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution toward the cost. Basic life, AD&D, and long term disability are fully employer paid. Retirement is offered through CalPERS. An employee contribution to this defined benefit plan is required in addition to a significant employer contribution.
Associated Students (AS) is an auxiliary corporation to the University (CSU, Chico). AS employees are not University (state) employees.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with Associated Students. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students employees who apply for the position.
To apply for this position, you must submit an application in full and . Open until filled. Applications are reviewed upon receipt.
SUTTER HALL DISH ROOM SUPERVISOR
Under general supervision to keep assigned areas and Associated Students buildings, facilities, and adjacent areas in a clean, neat, and orderly condition; and to do related work as required.
- Supervises and participates in the routine maintenance, cleaning, and operation of dish room and other food service machines and equipment.
- Keeps assigned areas and buildings and facilities in a clean and orderly condition.
- Cleans floor drains, kitchen floors and mats.
- Maintains cleanliness of Sutter dish room including supervising nightly closing and cleaning duties.
- Dusts and polishes hoods and stainless steel in kitchen and service areas.
- Empties and cleans waste receptacles.
- Cleans AS staff offices, loading dock and recycling area.
- Replaces restrooms supplies.
- Cleans and dust walls, ceilings, vents, light fixtures in kitchen and service areas.
- Operates floor scrubbers, pressure washer, and other cleaning equipment to clean kitchen, dish room and service area floors.
- Ensures proper inventory of cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Maintains proper work safety standards.
- Supervises nightly student custodial team.
- Cleans and maintains all areas behind service areas.
- Observes and reports needed repairs to UHFS maintenance.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Dining Services Custodial Supervisor
CLASSIFICATIONS DIRECTLY SUPERVISED
Up to twenty (20) student employees
CLASSIFICATIONS INDIRECTLY SUPERVISED
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in building, kitchen, and outside environments; exposure to dust, heat, and toxic substances; contact with staff and the campus community.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Stand and walk for extended periods; reach for tools and supplies; manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; verbal communication; use of motorized vehicles; use of power cleaning equipment; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb; lift and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Training, supervising, and evaluating employees.
- Custodial methods, equipment, and supplies.
- Proper materials and procedures used for cleaning purposes.
- Basic understanding of sanitation and safety procedures.
- Clean and care for assigned buildings, areas, and equipment.
- Supervise and delegate a number of nightly cleaning duties.
- Use a variety of cleaning equipment.
- Read cleaning chemical labels.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce all policies and procedures, especially those pertaining to sanitation and safety.
- Work on own initiative without close supervision.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships and at all times demonstrating cooperative behavior with a diverse population of staff, students, co-workers, and those contacted during the course of work.
- Communicate effectively with a diverse population of staff, students, co-workers and others.
- Work well under pressure: meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines.
One (1) year of clean-up experience in a food service unit in an institutional or a comparably sized food service facility or equivalent required.
No unique requirements.
- Post-offer, pre-employment physical is required.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with Associated Students. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students employees who apply for the position.