Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Custodian - Fort Irwin Commissary, CA
at CW Resources
|Title:||Custodian - Fort Irwin Commissary, CA|
|State:||CA - California|
What is CW Resources, what do we do?
CW Resources Inc. is dedicated to serving the needs of persons with disabilities through the creation of integrated vocational training and employment opportunities for those individuals who are physically, developmentally, emotionally and/or socio-economically challenged.
What is the AbilityOne program?
The AbilityOne program is among the largest sources of employment, on Federal contracts, for individuals who are blind or have significant disabilities in the United States. CW Resources, Inc. provides employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities and participates in a Federal Employment Initiative through the AbilityOne Program.
How do I qualify?
In order to qualify for (position) under the AbilityOne program, CW Resources Inc. is looking to recruit individuals with any form of limitations and/or disabilities. While we encourage all individuals to apply please note CW Resources Inc. aims to provide employment services for individuals who are physically, developmentally, emotionally and/or socio-economically challenged.
What type of documentation do I need?
To qualify for the AbilityOne program CW Resources Inc. requires documentation identifying your diagnosis/disability and be signed by a person who is certified to diagnose. This documentation is typically signed by a licensed physician, psychiatrist or qualified psychologist that states the extent of the disability or disabilities. Without such a report, the applicant may not be eligible for participation. Please do NOT attach any of this documentation with your application.
MUST HAVE THE ABILITY TO GAIN ACCESS TO MILITARY BASE
The Custodian is responsible for performing custodial duties, minor maintenance and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that the buildings and facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner.
The Custodian reports to the Lead Project Manager/Assistant Project Manager and cares for the areas assigned. Maintaining these responsibilities will help to ensure the health, safety and security of the public.
1). Essential Duties:
- Clean offices, meeting chambers and recreational facilities
- Mop tile and concrete floor areas
- Vacuum all carpeted areas
- Dust all furniture and fixtures as required
- Wash and disinfect all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, hand dryers and fixtures
- Clean all mirrors
- Replenish toilet tissue and soap as needed
- Empty all waste baskets and garbage cans
- Place garbage in outside storage bin
- Clean entrance and exit including glass, doors and hardware
- Keep outside area near exit and entrance clear of snow, cans, paper, etc.
- Clean, wash and disinfect drinking fountains
- Wash all finger marks from walls, doors, hardware and glass
- Clean break room sinks and counters
- Report damages and acts of vandalism
- Wash and buff floors with floor polisher
- Wash entrance and exit floors
- Clean walls and toilet partitions
- Secure storage areas
- Ensure cleaning materials and supplies are stored in a safe and orderly manner
- Maintain an adequate supply of cleaning materials and supplies
- Restock materials and supplies
- Make note of the need for equipment repairs
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years custodial experience