Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Designer/Job Captain
at DLR Group
Project Designer/Job Captain
|Location:||San Francisco, CA|
The best integrated design firm in the world has an opening for a Project Designer/Job Captain
- San Francisco, CA
As a Project Designer/Job Captain at DLR Group you will be responsible for supporting the implementation of DLR Group’s Design Fundamentals for projects of all sizes. As a member of an integrated design team you will assist in creating buildings that elevate the human experience through design.
If you are a collaborative individual with a strategic mindset this might be the position for you. DLR Group is 100% employee owned and as such you’ll enjoy the opportunity to have ownership in the Firm. We rely on all our employee-owners to apply their financial acumen to grow the Firm profitably.
You will be responsible for producing quality conceptual designs and the graphic representation of those designs, and construction documents with assistance from the Regional Sector Leader, Project Manager and Project Architect. As a team member, you will assist with all aspects of the project design and document development and coordinating with all project team members to produce quality design work product while adhering to project schedules and budgets.
The successful candidate will:
- Identify and proposes creative, innovative solutions to design challenges.
- Assist in the development of project documents.
- Produce accurate documents aligned with firm standards for project assignments.
- Apply practice standards to project assignments.
- Communicate with the Project Architect on the progress of design assignments according to the established project schedule and work plan.
- Ensure design information is incorporated into project documents and carried through construction.
- Create effective graphic communications for clients and colleagues to effectively convey complex conceptual design ideas.
- Design develop and document various project types.
- Additionally, you'll support design projects with exceptional design thinking, project imagery, design research, and project documentation.
- Have excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Be able to work and present ideas in a team environment as well as self-manage and self-motivate in a creative environment.
- Possess a high level of proficiency in the production of graphic communication and construction documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Design
- At least 4 years of experience in the architecture industry
- Proficient in the use of 3D computer modeling and rendering software such as REVIT and/or SketchUp
- Advanced Revit knowledge
- Intermediate and demonstrated ability in the use of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- The ability to travel occasionally to support national and/or regional project tasks
- Professional Bachelor’s Degree or Master of Architecture Degree
- Professional License or in the process of obtaining licensure
- Demonstrated knowledge of SketchUp, Enscape, Lumion, and/or V-Ray
- Experience and interest in sustainable building design
Please submit a resume and portfolio providing examples of your design/documentation experience.
DLR Group is a 100% employee-owned firm. Our brand promise is to elevate the human experience through design. This promise inspires sustainable design for a diverse group of public and private sector clients; local communities; and our planet. DLR Group fully supports the initiatives and goals of the 2030 Challenge and is an initial signatory to the AIA 2030 Commitment. Visit dlrgroup.com and follow us on Twitter, and at LinkedIn.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.