Eisenhower Medical Ctr
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Monitor Tech/CPT - Emergency Department - Emergency Room
at Eisenhower Medical Ctr
Job Reference #: 106415
Hours Per Shift:
12 hour shift
12 hour shift
- Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- Performs basic secretarial and clerical/computer skills, interprets rhythm strips and dysrhythmias. Performs venipuncture.
- Reports to
- Clinical Director
- Ages of Patients
- Neonate/ Infant
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- High Potential
- Required: Completion of EKG Class within 90 days of hire
- Preferred: EDT-1 Course, Nursing Assistant courses,Medical Assistant Courses (certificate does not need to be maintained), 3rd or 4th semester RN (enrolled) Medical Terminology Class
- Required: California State Certified Phlebotomy Technician; American Heart Association BLS
- Preferred: 1 year experience as CPT
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Notifies admitting regarding ADT.
- Orders preps and tests per guidelines to include: correct sequencing of tests, placing appropriate checklist on chart. Stat orders transcribed and relayed to nursing in a timely manner.
- Prepares charts for admission, transfer, and discharge per Medical Record Policy:
- Chart order is correct, and all pages are labeled appropriately.
- Enters orders accurately using computer. Completes documentation accurately as per policy.
- Aids in keeping unit and supplies orderly and maintains general tidiness of patient areas.
- Maintains ED Call Panel daily and verifies specialties at the beginning of each shift
- Documents correct and accurate information on daily census.
- Performs 12 lead EKG with appropriate documentation and interprets rhythm strips accurately. Documents rhythm strips according to existing hospital guidelines.
- Asks patient to state name and date of birth and utilizes wristband identification system for inpatients prior to collection of specimens,
- Collects specimens by venipuncture, heelstick, or fingerstick by established protocol and delivers samples to ED Stat Lab in a timely manner
- Monitors pending collections and prioritizes lab draws to ensure optimal patient care
- Complies with hospital and Laboratory safety policies and procedures
- Complies with all State and federal regulations
- Accurately performs technical procedures within job scope. Examples:
- Sets up O2 , suctions oral/pharyngeal airway, splints fractures and applies immobilizers, C-collars or other orthopedic device, discontinues IVs, obtains vital signs and documents care in electronic medical record.
- Provides safe patient environment at all times:
- Stays with patient who may be in danger of falling or hurting themselves
- Correctly identifies patient by use of armband
- Call bell within reach
- Application of restraints
- Safe transportation of patients
- Adheres to guidelines for change of shift report and internal transfer of patient care.
- Assists patient to dress/undress and prepares patient for physical examination or testing such as x-ray.
- Anticipates need for equipment/supplies by physician or RN and sets up/assists with suturing and other sterile procedures.
- Facilitates the patient out of the department, room turnover and cleaning, and new patient to gurney undressed and ready for examination when patient is discharged. Accurately handles charts and discharging patient from computer correctly.
- Ensures that equipment is cleaned between patients and is operational.
- Ensures that head of beds, patient areas, and carts are kept restocked during each shift. Coordinates ordering unit supplies with assigned personnel.
- Answers telephone & responds to questions or directs calls to appropriate individual.
- Communicates all rhythm changes and dysrhythmias to RN. Communicates observations of changes in patient condition to RN/MD.
- Perform scribe duties if applicable.
- Perform other duties as assigned.