Eisenhower Medical Ctr
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Registered Nurse (RN) - Recovery
at Eisenhower Medical Ctr
- Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- The staff nurse provides direct patient care, collaborates with patients, families, peers, physicians and other members of the health care team in the delivery of health care services to the specific patient population. The staff nurse assesses patient's needs, plans care, implements and evaluates patient care in accordance with the patient's needs based on the nurses knowledge of growth/development, the hospital and nursing philosophy, policies/procedures and standards. He/she demonstrates leadership/management skills and a commitment to professional accountability and growth. Position may require working at alternate sites.
- Reports to
- Clinical Director
- N/A, Delegates to Licensed and Non-Licensed Assistive Personnel
- Ages of Patients
- Pediatric, if appropriate for the unit
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- High Potential
- Required: BSN or MSN or enrollment in an RN-BSN or RN-MSN program within 1 year of hire and completion within 5 years of hire if hired after July 1, 2012
- Required: California RN licensure; American Heart Association BLS
- and American Heart Association ACLS and PALS within 90 days
- Preferred: Certified in specialty practice area
- Preferred: Experience in the area of specialty or in area of higher acuity or participation in internship program/course
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Assesses, utilizing age specific data, the patient's physical, psychosocial, and spiritual status in a comprehensive manner.
- Demonstrates accurate assessment skills, appropriate to the age of the patient, based on scientific facts and principles.
- Performs initial assessment and completes required documentation within organizational standards.
- Performs and documents ongoing assessments including observation, physical examination, laboratory/test results, and patient response to procedural intervention.
- Participates in the identification and clarification of patient needs, as evidenced by participation in multidisciplinary care planning, to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
- Reviews and revises plan of care according to change in patient's status.
- Completes patient classification for assigned patients as required.
- Implements plan of care according to identified physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs.
- Implements and utilizes the Relationship-Based Care Professional Practice Model as the guide to all interactions between patients, families, co-workers, staff, physicians, and self.
- Completes patient care assignments in compliance with established hospital policies and procedures of clinical area.
- Prioritizes nursing interventions commensurate with patient's needs.
- Utilizes effective verbal and written communication skills through the presentation of pertinent information using the SBAR format as appropriate.
- Assists other staff in the delivery of patient care, as appropriate.
- Incorporates patient teaching/discharge planning to promote optimal patient outcomes.
- Provides, evaluates retention of, and documents education to the patient/family/significant other according to organizational standards.
- Coordinates and documents appropriate discharge planning and referrals to ensure continuity of care after discharge.
- Recognizes, accepts responsibility for, and maintains commitment to professional development and clinical competency.
- Attends required professional development sessions and staff meetings. If unable to attend, review minutes or discuss proceedings of meetings with peers or managers.
- Identifies personal knowledge deficits and seeks resources/consultation to ensure safe patient care.
- Utilizes all channels of communication including reading organizational email at least once a week, to obtain knowledge, transmit information, address concerns, and solve problems.
- Embraces change and continuously identifies opportunities for improvement by demonstrating a commitment to utilizing evidence based practice.
- Articulates knowledge and actively participates in nursing practice quality initiatives.
- Incorporates performance improvement recommendations into daily practice.
- Accepts accountability and participates in problem-solving issues related to quality patient care outcomes.
- Shares knowledge and acts as a professional resource to other members of the health care team.
- Supports and participates in Unit Based Council initiatives.
- Contributes to professional growth of peers by providing feedback through peer coaching and evaluation.
- Strives to be a life-long learner continuing to enroll and complete classes and courses to advance and increase new clinical knowledge.
- Complies with divisional and unit specific matrices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.