Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SRE Team Lead
We are the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to our clients around the world. We help businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. We also help people to check their credit report and credit score and protect against identity theft.
We employ approximately 17,000 people in 37 countries and our corporate headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; California, US; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Experian is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. Our flexible working practices support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. Some roles lend themselves to flexible options more than others, and if this is important to you, we are open to discussing agile working opportunities during the hiring process.
As part of the next phase in our growth, we are looking to expand our Site Reliability Engineering team to offer round the global cover. As an organization we are fully convinced that everything should be automated and that software should run software and believe in the Site Reliability Engineering model. We have established a platform using cutting edge technology, such as Kubernetes, containers, pipelines and monitoring. The candidate will be a forward-looking engineer with an understanding of how SRE will enable operations in the future. You will have broad operations and automation interests and not shy away from the operational aspects of life and understand that the best way to build reliability is to break things often.
The ideal candidate will have experience of operations, a passion for automation and an interest in software development or they will have experience of software development, a passion for automation and an interest in operational excellence. If you have incident manager skills and are able to manage rationally and calmly during a crisis that would be an added bonus. There is an expectation to work occasional peak weekends as well as some on call requirements. This is the beginning of a growing team and we are looking for individuals to grow with it.
As a team lead you will have a small team ( ~4 ) of SRE's to manage, coach, mentor and inspire. Working with other SRE teams as well as regional stakeholders and a global IT team, ensuring stakeholders are kept in the loop and local processes adhered to will be a necessary part of the role.
• Uptime of Experian One – Experian's Cloud SaaS offering for Decision Analytics.
• Monitoring and Alerting of our platform
• Responding to incidents and restoring service
• Over time, gaining a good enough understanding of the systems to efficiently triage issues and find owners for problem resolution
• An ability to identify an issue or a manual process and ensure that they never occur again
• Incident management; able to co-ordinate others and be co-ordinated during service disruptions with a focus on restoring availability
• Ability to write complex queries using various tools
• Reviewing systems designs and implementations to identify resiliency, scalability and monitoring issues prior to implementation
• Strong Knowledge of Kubernetes, Infrastructure as Code, High availability principles.
• Excellent communication skills in English with colleagues across the globe.
• Able to lead and mentor more junior colleagues both technically and from a line management perspective
Working Practices and Relationships:
• Strong relationships with other members of the SRE team, primary based in Kuala Lumpur but also London, Arizona, Sofia
• Working relationships with colleagues in other departments, third parties who support backing applications.
• Collaborative relationships with developers, security and architects to influence them to build resilient, maintainable solutions
• Proficiency in one programming or scripting language and willingness to apply software development best practices to an operational role
• Some of the items below
• Direct experience of supporting complex, highly scaled systems in production
• Linux knowledge, experience troubleshooting and predicting issues in advance
• Networking, troubleshooting and monitoring
• Cloud Native application designs for high performance, scalability and resilience
• Incident Management and co-ordination, Blameless PIRs
• Kubernetes, OpenShift, Splunk, Dynatrace, Thousand Eyes, ServiceNow, Jira, Jenkins, Python, Prometheus
• Java, Cassandra, Redis, RunDeck, MongoDB, Apigee, Okta, PostGres, AWS, Azure, GCP
• Infrastructure as Code, Git Ops
• Excellent communication skills. Written and verbal fluency in English is required
• Highly organized and with a good attention to detail
• Working across boundaries - geographically, teams, language and cultural
• Curious and willing and able to learn new technologies and practices
• Cloud aware, you understand how cloud technologies differ from other technical approaches and are able to explain these to others.
• Lives and breathes availability and operational excellence in technology
• Demonstrate an ability to lead a team, manage others through coaching and develop their careers.
Is this you?
• You strive to remove repetitive tasks from your daily existence
• You are a keen following of technology trends
• You believe that software is to be used not to be admired.
• You solve for the future as well as the immediate
• You empower others to deliver
• You develop trust, you make conflict constructive, create commitment, drive accountability and drive results
• You are articulate, clear, concise, and you can tailor your approach to the audience
• You can manage stakeholders at all levels and influence decision making
• Personal Development - career pathway for professional growth supported by learning and development programs and unlimited access to online educational training courses, learning materials & books
• Work environment - excellent work conditions with friendly environment, recognized strong team spirit, and fun and quality recreation time
• Social benefit package - life insurance, food vouchers, additional health insurance, corporate discounts, Multisport card, and a Share options scheme
• Work-life balance - 25 days paid vacation and 3 additional paid days for participation in Social responsibility events
• Opportunity for Flexible working hours and Home Office
In order to stay safe and be responsible, we introduce a remote hiring process with online interviews for all candidates.