First Republic Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supervisor, Card Fraud
at First Republic Bank
- Job Locations
- US-CA-San Francisco
- Deposit Services
First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides an extraordinary client experience. We believe that creating one-on-one interactions builds lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients’ needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. We are dedicated to building trust and financial security for our clients. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals – our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work to move quickly and as a collaborative team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you.
The Card Services Supervisor is responsible for the day to day management of various functions including Card Services, Fraud Management and ATM Cash Management. The Supervisor may lead various teams. This position will ensure that sound processes are in place in order to improve efficiency, reduce risk and support new business. The Supervisor will help guide team members in their daily functions to ensure efficient and effective processes. The Supervisor is responsible for policies, processes, operational procedures, compliance, support, systems, risk, and reporting for various functions. The Supervisor must be able to make sound decisions and communicate effectively with team members, other departments and senior management. The Supervisor will also coach, develop, and otherwise supervise Team Leads and staff.
- Supervise, assist and evaluate operations staff by providing coaching and professional development. Motivate, promote and direst staff to meet Department's goals.
- Deal with escalated customer service calls and emails.
- Maintain open line of communication between staff and management
- Direct detailed reviews of internal processes to verify accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure that written procedures are consistently reviewed and updated to reflect current process.
- Develop and implement recommendations for strategic improvements as necessary.
- Responsible for corporate and department projects.
- Represents Deposit Services in cross functional project items.
- Delivering concise logically written and oral presentations.
- Responsible for the compliance, monitoring and reporting for Deposit Services. Reports should provide future direction to management.
- Responsible for reviewing all daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly production reporting.
- Respond to audit requests; correct audit exceptions
- Ensure satisfactory audit results of Card Services, Fraud Management.
- Responsible for the team Call Quality daily and monthly review.
- General knowledge of ATM/Cash Services
- Review and analyze fraud incidents to ensure accurate completion through escalation to the appropriate area according to guidelines; determine if changes/improvements are necessary.
- Perform supervisory/managerial responsibilities
- Ensure adequate/skilled staffing; select employees
- Establish performance goals and priorities
- Prepare, conduct, and review performance appraisals
- Develop, mentor and counsel staff
- Partner with business units and vendors to improve procedures, resolve problems, and implement initiatives; presents conclusions and recommendations to management.
- Monitor work volume and schedule adherence to identify gaps and meet production objectives; addresses staffing issues.
- Develop policies, processes, and procedures to ensure effective/productive and accurate inquiry research and resolutions.
- Ensure compliance with card issuer/associations and Federal regulations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned by Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of Supervisory/Management experience
- Ability to operate in a "roll up your sleeves" entrepreneurial environment without a large infrastructure. Makes things happen with available resources
- Able to successfully meet goals in a highly fluid working environment.
- Advanced skill interacting tactfully and effectively in difficult situations
- Advanced skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
- Process and deadline oriented
- Effective skill in results-oriented leadership in a challenging environment
- Compliance and REG E regulation oriented
- Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
- Must be able to forge effective working relationships with a variety of personalities.
- Effective skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tact
- Must possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience in banking/financial services regulatory compliance.
- Monitor and analyze key performance indicators, and establish processes and methodologies for preventative actions.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be flexible and able to change direction quickly.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
Own your work and your career — apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability — that’s the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.