Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Research Technologist-Histology and Microscopy Core
at Gladstone Institutes
The Histology and Microscopy Core is looking to hire a Research Technologist I. The Research Technologist will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in the operation and maintenance of scientific equipment such as tissue processors, microtomes, slide stainer, cyostats and microscopes.
- To perform or receive training on immunohistochemistry
- To perform or receive training on, bright field, polarizing, epifluorence, confocal and light sheet microscopy
- To perform automated image analysis using tools such as ImageJ and Imaris
AA/AS degree and 2+ years of experience.
- Experience with light micrsocopy and digital image analysis
- Familiarity with ImageJ
Title and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-profit research institution. Its mission is to improve the health and well-being of all people through medical research and education in neuroscience, cardiovascular biology, immunology, and stem cell biology. Home to notable leaders in science and biomedicine, Gladstone comprises four institutes as well as various centers and programs. All of its approximately 500 members are aligned in their mission to carry out or support science that overcomes disease. Located in an award-winning building at the Mission Bay Campus, Gladstone offers a competitive salary and benefits program. It provides an ideal environment for those seeking to maximize and fully leverage their potential. Please consider Gladstone and make a difference in human health.