Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Research Scientist/Flow Cytometry Core Director
at Gladstone Institutes
Gladstone is seeking a talented and motivated senior research scientist to direct the Gladstone Flow Cytometry Core Laboratory. The successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively with Gladstone scientists on various research projects employing flow cytometry methods, as well as develop cutting edge, flow-related techniques to propel science at Gladstone. As director of the Flow Cytometry Core, the successful candidate will be responsible for supervising one or more junior core staff members and for ensuring the basic business functions of the core.
- Operation of flow cytometers and cell sorters
- Troubleshooting mechanical and software issues related to the flow core’s instrumentation
- Providing technical advice on experimental methods related to flow cytometry
- Assisting with data analysis, interpretation, and lifecycle management
- Maintaining a current knowledge of best practices for flow cytometry
- Providing training for the use of the flow cytometers, sorters, and related software
- Supervising and mentoring of junior core staff members
- Managing the basic business functions of the core as a recharge center (rate setting, advertising, invoicing)
- Extensive practical experience with multicolor immunophenotyping and cell sorting
- Strong foundation in flow cytometry theory
- Knowledge of immunology techniques and proto
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Knowledge of relevant safety protocols
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- A passion for supporting cutting-edge science
Flow Core Equipment
The Flow Cytometry Core currently operates a FACS Aria II SORP, LSR II, LSR Fortessa, FACS Calibur, HTFC (Intellicyt), XStream. Some of these instruments are utilized in a BSL3 environment.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with flow cytometry
- Previous supervisory/management experience regarded as a major strength
The Gladstone Institutes is an independent, not-for-pro?t research institution. Its mission is to improve the health and well-being of all people through medical research and education in neuroscience, cardiovascular biology, immunology, and stem cell biology. Home to notable leaders in science and biomedicine, Gladstone comprises four institutes as well as various centers and programs. All of its approximately 500 members are aligned in their mission to carry out or support science that overcomes disease. Located in an award-winning building at the Mission Bay Campus, Gladstone offers a competitive salary and bene?ts program. It provides an ideal environment for those seeking to maximize and fully leverage their potential. Consider Gladstone and make a difference in human health.