Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NLP Engineer with Japanese
- Job ID
- Information Technology
- Job Start Date
- Languages Required
Come and join the team that teaches revolutionary voice recognition software how to understand and speak new languages. We are an extremely diverse and passionate group dedicated to bringing the future of intelligent assistants to the world. We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer who is an expert in their native language to join our team. Knowing your local market is key. We are looking for a demonstrated ability to be creative, take ownership of a project, superior technical expertise, and a knack for solving problems that stump most developers/engineers.
- Developing natural language processing code specific to your language
- Provide input and suggestions towards innovating new approaches and new product features tailored to your home market
- Coming up with clever solutions to complex issues
- Automating and integrating workflow from diverse systems.
- Daily interaction with other teams and working towards the same goal.
- Any other duties as required
- 2+ years software development experience
- Familiar with Java, perl and shell scripting
- Native speaker of Japanese
- Having worked on shipping products and being familiar with the rush to the finish line is highly desired.
- Work with minimal supervision, proactive and self-motivated for timely delivery of quality code.
- Demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills.
- Engineering experience and interest in diverse technical areas.
- Clear and compelling communication skills.
- User driven focus.
- Interest in embedded applications
- Native speaker fluency in one or more commercially important natural languages
- some focus or experience in classification, information retrieval, natural language processing, machine learning or related sub-fields
- Proven track record in delivering product-quality code.
- iOS or Mac OS X development skills.
Education: B.S/MSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related fields
Location: Cupertino, California
Job type: 6 month contract with potential of extension
*This is an opportunity to durably shape the future of human - computer interaction