Hornblower Cruises & Events
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Hornblower Cruises & Events
CA - San Francisco
Do you share Hornblower's passion for providing amazing experiences? If you’re all about customer service and thrive on teams where communication, creativity and cooperation are encouraged, this may be the place for you. As we say at Hornblower, why work when you can cruise?
Hornblower Cruises & Events San Francisco is accepting applications for a Chief Engineer. Our employees have heavy public contact, therefore we are looking for candidates who take pride in their appearance, have superb customer service, and communications skills.
A flexible schedule is a must as it includes evenings, weekends, and holidays.
We are looking for part and full time with limited 4,000 hp.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Start, monitor, and maintain all machinery
- Manage QMED in all aspects
- Handle mooring lines
- Participate in safety and security drills as required on WQSB
- Enforce crew and passenger safety
- Stand engine room watches as required
- Gain and maintain expertise in use of fixed fire suppressing systems
- Perform routine maintenance, and repairs
- Troubleshoot and resolve vessel issues, including plumbing, electrical, and mechanical
- Fill and pump fluids as needed and perform oil changes
- Switch from shore power to generator, and back
- Plan for fueling, and spill prevention
- 2-years recent engineering experience
- High School or equivalency
- United States Coast Guard licensed Chief Engineer on vessels of at least 2,000 hp, and/or 1,600 gross tons, will accept Limited Chief Engineer license
- Lifeboat, advanced firefighting, and STCW ratings
- First Aid / CPR
Hornblower Cruises & Events has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 38 years. Companies under the Hornblower umbrella include Alcatraz Cruises, Hornblower Classic Cable Cars, Statue Cruises, Niagara Cruises and NYC Ferry, operated by Hornblower.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Hornblower is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 415-635-2266.