Hornblower Cruises & Events
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Cook on Dining Yacht
at Hornblower Cruises & Events
CA - San Francisco
Food & Beverage
Do you share Hornblower's passion for providing amazing experiences? If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you. As we say at Hornblower, why work when you can cruise?
As Lead Cook, you will support Hornblower Cruises & Events dinner, brunch and charter cruises. Must have a passion for creating great food and motivating others to do the same. You will work primarily banquets with festive casual menus ranging from California classic to varied ethnic food stations. You will work with with the galley team to ensure consistent food production and quality standards are met.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Properly prepare menu items and contribute to the development of new menu items.
- Assist in teaching and training prep cooks and cooks in proper culinary technique.
- Ensure proper storage of food.
- Ensure safety and sanitary standards are met at all times.
- As part of the kitchen team, help with breaking down and cleaning of the galley post shift.
- Flexible schedule required – evenings, weekends, holidays.
- 2 years’ experience as a lead cook.
- Strong knife skills.
- Culinary certificate/degree preferred.
- Knowledge of kitchen practices, procedures, and protocols.
- Ability to get Food Handlers Certificate and SafeServ Certificate.
- Must be able to obtain TWIC and MMC certifications.
Hornblower Cruises & Events has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 38 years. Companies under the Hornblower umbrella include Alcatraz Cruises, Hornblower Classic Cable Cars, Statue Cruises, Niagara Cruises and NYC Ferry, operated by Hornblower.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Additionally, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Hornblower is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 415-635-2266.