Hornblower Cruises & Events
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Line Cook on Dining Yacht
at Hornblower Cruises & Events
CA - San Francisco
Food & Beverage
Line Cooks/Prep Cooks
Do you share Hornblower's passion for providing amazing experiences? If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you. As we say at Hornblower, why work when you can cruise?
Hornblower Cruises and Events, the premier event planning and yacht charter company, is seeking talented line cooks to work on our vessels in San Francisco and Berkeley.
Work consists primarily of banquets with a wide range of menus from festive casual to California classic. Successful candidates will have attention to detail in a fast paced environment. A flexible schedule is required.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Preparing and cooking food aboard yachts or in our prep kitchen for events up to 500 people
- Loading and unloading food and supplies onto boats as needed
- Assisting in breaking down and cleaning the galley at the end of each shift
- Working and collaborating with Vessel operations crew and front of house team to satisfy 100% of our guests
- Learning all safety and security duties required for the position
- Availability on nights, weekends and holidays a must
- At least 6 months kitchen experience which includes prep work, line cooking and knowledge of health and sanitation codes
- California Food handler’s card required within 30 days of employment
- Valid Driver license a plus
- 18+ years old
Hornblower Cruises & Events has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 38 years. Companies under the Hornblower umbrella include Alcatraz Cruises, Hornblower Classic Cable Cars, Statue Cruises, Niagara Cruises and NYC Ferry, operated by Hornblower.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Hornblower is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 415-635-2285.