Hornblower Cruises & Events
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Prep Cook on Dining Yacht
at Hornblower Cruises & Events
CA - San Francisco
Food & Beverage
Do you share Hornblower's passion for providing amazing experiences? If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you. As we say at Hornblower, why work when you can cruise?
As a prep cook, you will prepare food for our events, including cutting, chopping, peeling, etc. and plating food for buffet presentation. You will also assist with processing deliveries and will maintain safe and sanitary work stations at all times. You will also work with the team to ensure safety and sanitation standards are met throughout the galley. This is an excellent opportunity to learn basic cooking skills and progress into other positions.
Position Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist in stocking products from deliveries, maintaining proper rotation and storage
- Follow food production guidelines, preparing food in the allotted time frame
- Maintain safe and sanitary food standards
- Label, date and initial all prepared and stored food products
- Monitor all work areas consistently throughout shift
- Clean and organize food and pan storage daily
- Report any tools / equipment in need of repair or replacement
- 1 to 2 years kitchen prep experience
- Knowledge of health sanitation codes
- California Food Handlers certificate
- Able to obtain TWIC and MMC certification
- Must be able to understand and communicate with English speaking crew
Hornblower Cruises & Events has been the leading yacht and public dining cruise company in the United States for more than 32 years. Companies under the Hornblower umbrella include Alcatraz Cruises, Hornblower Classic Cable Cars, Statue Cruises, Niagara Cruises and NYC Ferry, operated by Hornblower.
Hornblower is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Hornblower participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Hornblower is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 415-635-2285.