Field Service Mechanic - Electric Trucks
A career with our client combines the energy and entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with the stability and power of a multinational company. Our client is one of the world’s largest manufacturers of electric vehicles, and they passionately pursue their goal to change the world for the better every day.
You have high expectations for yourself and your career. So does our client. Imagine what you’ll achieve together. You've worked hard to get where you are today. You want your next step to be the right one. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things.
Our client is seeking an experienced Field Service Mechanic to complete work assignments, at customer facilities or company locations, diagnosing and repairing buses/trucks under warranty, as well as performing customer support and campaigns required by our client or their customers.
- Perform diagnosis and repairs of warranty related issues. Provide customer interface and reports on field maintenance activities.
- Respond to customer requests, comments or complaints as needed. Assist customer with maintenance related issues.
- Order parts as needed, coordinate repairs, and provide daily Service reports/Parts requisitions as needed.
- Coordinate new vehicle delivery acceptance with customers in US and Canada.
- Provide daily status reporting to Customer Service Manager/Supervisor.
- Follow up with parts clerks for parts availability and ETA.
- Knowledge of transit bus maintenance operations and field service support.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- ASE Transit Bus Certifications.
- Transit bus Technician experience, preferably working in a field service environment.
- Experienced in bus maintenance and repair. Experience with computer-based diagnostics in bus maintenance operations. Experience with bus Electric drive systems preferred.
- Ability to travel and work in the Customer’s environment. Weekends, nights, and long hours will occur.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in home state and no more than one infraction during previous 3 years.
- Class B with Passenger Endorsement preferred. If not currently, the ability to obtain.
About our client:
They are a California-based electric vehicle manufacturing company and a wholly owned subsidiary of one the largest electric vehicle manufacturers in Asia and one of the largest electric bus manufacturers in the world. Our client is publicly traded on the Hong Kong stock exchange, with approximately 60% of its stock owned by North American investors. Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway is one of the single largest investors in their company.
Our client is deeply passionate about helping transportation and energy grids around the world become greener and more sustainable through the use of cutting-edge battery-electric technology. They invented an industry-leading rechargeable battery that is safe, stable, environmentally friendly, and longer lasting than any other competing product on the market today. They are developing and marketing around the world a family of zero-emission battery-electric cars, trucks, buses, forklifts, and energy storage systems all built around this revolutionary, environmentally-sound battery technology.
Today, our client has over 800 employees spread out across its headquarters, their manufacturing, and offices throughout the United States, and Canada.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.