|Why is This a Great Opportunity?|
This employer is largest supplier of antenna measurement systems in the world. Its primary client base is in the telecommunications industry, and includes major wireless carriers, handset manufacturers, antenna vendors, and certification laboratories. Offices support customers in the Americas and provide services such as system integration, technical support and maintenance, measurement services, and various other support functions. Clients include some of the largest and most reputable telecommunications companies in the world and you can find their products in just about every household.
The company seeks an Antenna Test Applications Engineer to:
This unique and newly created job is a home based antenna field service engineering role. It is perfectly suited for you if you are a highly motivated, hands on and dedicated antenna test engineer who enjoys traveling within Northern California and working with different clients. Frequent customer visits will enable our company to better service our large San Jose based customers within a timely manner. You will support high level installations, repairs, calibrations, and troubleshooting of our customers anechoic chambers, Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) equipment, and OTA test and measurement devices.
- Take ownership of technical issues, and work with our Application team experts to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
- You will provide direct technical support to customers remotely or on site.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve urgent technical issues
Your work will also:
The selected candidate will start this position with an internal training program and will incorporate close contact and mentoring from senior engineers. Advanced training may also take place periodically in the international headquarters with the Maintenance, Application and Project teams in order so that you will acquire appropriate knowledge of processes and details of products.
- Provide training to customers as required
- Ensure the cross-functional coordination of technical and commercial activity
- Work on specification and tenders, proposals and / commercial documentation, and demonstrate products' capabilities to potential and existing customers
- Share experience and application knowledge with co-workers to maximize the efficiency in solving issues.
- AA/BS/MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Anechoic Chamber test and measurement, Telecommunications, RF technologies, Antenna verification industries.
- 3 - 12 years’ experience in RF or Telecommunication industry
- Experience with network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and wireless communication protocols and test instruments.
- Knowledge in Radio Frequency and Antenna fields is a plus. Metrology and/or Antenna Measurement experience valued.
- Ability to travel within the San Francisco bay area and limited international travel.
- Must possess excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS office and other common computer SW products. C# programming and MatLab experience are a plus.
- Ability to identify customer needs and maximize the application of solutions.
- Ability to relate to customers and customer needs at a high technical level, set realistic customer expectations, translate those customer needs to the internal development team, and follow through to ensure a suitable solution is implemented that meets the customer needs.
You must reside in the USA and be fully authorized to work in the United States.
This superb employer will provide the work challenges, experiences, knowledge and career growth that you seek in your next position. At the same time you earn excellent compensation, benefit from excellent health and welfare programs, and obtain the experience of working in with an organization with a superb culture and excellent employee dynamics.