Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Software Configuration Management and Build Engineer
at KBR, inc
WHO WE ARE
KBRwyle is a global government services organization delivering full life cycle professional and technical services from over 60 U.S. and 40 international locations. Our core capabilities include logistics, engineering, science, cyber, intelligence and security services.
WHAT TO EXPECT
When you become part of the KBR team, your career opportunities are endless. We offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our customers have come to value us, because they know, We Deliver!
ABOUT THIS POSITION
KBRwyle has a requirement for experienced Sr. Software Configuration Management and Build Engineer to support our operations within the Airborne Electronic Attack (AEA) Integrated Project Team (IPT) at Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division (NAWCWPS) NAS Point Mugu, CA.The candidate will be responsible for performing configuration management of software, creating software builds, creating software installs, and installing the software onto computers. As well as prepare software version description documents which will identify all of the changes that have gone into the software and document all of the known defects in the software. The candidate will work closely with project managers, software developers, and testers.
Duties will include:
- Configuration Management:-Managing views, VOBs, configuration specs and communicating these items to the team
- Processing baseline update requests (BURs), creating builds, and updating labels in ClearCase or TFS-Maintaining the build script
- Teaching people how to use the build script and the CM tool-Maintaining source lines of code (SLOC) metrics encompassing generating SLOC numbers for each build; and Document SLOC numbers in the metrics
- Perform preliminary software smoke testing and high level functional testing
- Writing the software version descriptions (SVD)
- Preparing Installations:-Creating and updating InstallShield project files for software and database installs-Debugging installs
- Set up and assist SW engineers to download VMs, configuration specs, etc.
- Other tasks include checking in CDs and DVDs into the lab and documenting processes and suggesting process improvements.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution and ten (10) years of work experience is required.
Knowledge and experience with the following are highly desired:
· Rational ClearCase
· Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2015
· InstallShield 2015
· Microsoft Office
· CMMIScripting (VB Script, shell scripting, batch)
· Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet
eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Competitive health, wellness & lifestyle benefits
Inclusive, flexible and supportive company culture
Ongoing training and development opportunities
LEARN MORE ABOUT KBRwyle: https://www.kbr.com/markets/government
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.