Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Marketing Specialist, Education
KQED - San Francisco
# of openings:
KQED helps educators to create learning environments of the 21st century by promoting media literacy, student voice, civic engagement, creative expression, and inquiry-based learning using digital media.
The Marketing Specialist actively works to develop and nurture a pipeline of educators and increase adoption of our free educational products and services. This position implements and helps develop strategies for user acquisition, retention and engagement through email, social media, and other marketing tools.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, Education, this position works in close collaboration with other members of the education team responsible for product development, content production, content distribution, partnerships and evaluation. Additionally, this role collaborates closely with other departments, including Marketing and Communications, Design, Audience Development, Development and Interactive.
- Assists in developing and implements email and social media campaigns focused on acquiring new users, and audience cultivation and engagement campaigns directed at existing users and audience segments.
- Collaborates with marketing director on implementing user-testing techniques to improve conversions, response rates and increase audience engagement.
- Manages and maintains existing and new social media profiles on relevant platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, etc., for KQED Education.
- Assists in the development of user journeys for acquisition and re-engagement of users across various touch points. Supports the development of tailored outreach strategies for education audience sub-groups and market segments.
- Collaborates closely with product development teams to create copy and collateral that supports product marketing and user acquisition goals.
- Works closely with KQED Education editorial leadership and communications staff to ensure succinct branding and communications strategies are implemented
- Works closely with Learning and Evaluation Manager, Education to identify to track KPIs and related metrics across all user touchpoints. Creates quarterly KPI report and President’s Report.
- Coordinates campaign deliverables with development, digital marketing, creative and product teams.
- Represents Education department at internal and external meetings and events. Assists with staffing booths at conferences as needed.
- Act as first point of contact for inquiries from KQED audience members and manages the department email and voicemail inboxes.
- Responsible for marketing finance and administration tasks and tracking
- Other essential duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with current and developing marketing communications strategies, focused primarily on acquisition, retention and engagement. Able to employ best practices across multiple digital marketing platforms.
- Strong communication skills, both written and in person, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders across the KQED organization. Strong copywriting skills that reflect KQED voice and value proposition.
- Familiarity with theory and implementation of campaign optimization and testing techniques (AB testing, multivariate testing, SEO, optimizing for mobile, etc.)
- Actively follow marketing industry trends and subscribe to industry blogs. Able to translate theoretical knowledge into actionable strategies and tactics.
- Experience in managing digital and social media campaigns.
- Knowledge and familiarity using a range of digital tools for marketing and communications, relationship management, project management, analytics tracking, and content publishing.
- Proactive, independent thinker and creative problem solver who works well in a team environment. A true team player who understands how to work productively in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Capacity to analyze, synthesize, visualize and communicate information effectively.
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals while working under pressure.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or comparable experience in related marketing and communications or media studies.
- Experience as a teacher or working with teachers is useful.
- Familiarity with Google Adwords and YouTube advertising
- Visual communications skills such as Image editing and publishing (Photoshop/Premier), photography and multimedia skills a plus.
- Commitment to educational equity; passionate about digital media for learning and youth voice.
Let us tell you more about our benefits:
Whether you’re single, married, have children, are in a domestic partnership or anything in between, we have you covered. Employees at KQED enjoy a family friendly workplace offering 20 days of paid time off, 11 paid holidays, paid parental leave, family medical leave benefits, comprehensive health/vision/dental and commuter benefits as well as a 403(b) with employer match. KQED encourages diversity, openness and offers training to support personal and professional development. In addition we are proud to offer Employee Resource Groups, wellness programs as well as free KQED membership.
The mission that drives us:
KQED is for everyone who wants to be more.
Our television, radio, digital media, and educational services change lives for the better and help individuals and communities achieve their full potential.
KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media.
We provide citizens with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.
We celebrate diversity, embrace innovation, value lifelong learning and partner with those who share our passion for public services.