Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Revenue & Expense Analyst
KQED - San Francisco
# of openings:
Under direction, this role provides overall financial support to the Revenue and Expense Manager. The Revenue & Expense Analyst will play a key role with updating and maintaining revenue budget, forecasts. The role will also perform complex analyses related to revenue growth.
The Revenue & Expense Analyst will assist key stakeholders with their budgets and forecasts, in order to ensure the decisions made within the company are based upon the most current and accurate financial information available.
Revenue & Expense Analyst is also responsible for related administrative processes such as procurement, account reconciliation, billing requests, month-end journal entries, aged accounts analysis, and running monthly reports.
Budget and Forecasting:
1. Update monthly forecasts, identify key variances and complete monthly reports. Upload revised forecasts into SAP.
2. Update monthly forecasts with department managers
3. Perform variance analysis and solicit input for additional material changes to operating plans that need to be reflected in SAP forecast
4. Maintain forecasting models for Membership and Corporate Support, including updating monthly actual revenues, determining variances from model assumptions and recommending changes to forecast if necessary
5. Update direct mail forecast for revenue and expense; collaborate with Sr. Manager, Direct Marketing, to ensure that the campaigns stay within budget
6. Create monthly reports and make enhancements to improve visibility
7. Update long-range revenue forecasts; adjust assumptions if necessary
8. Review booked sponsorship broadcast spots compared to forecast
9. Other Ad Hoc analyses
1. Update aged account tracking; submit emails to clients if necessary, and recommend write-offs; monitor overall status of accounts
2. Complete monthly journal entries related to direct mail accruals, prepaid postage reclassification
3. Support the procurement process by creating requisitions as needed, receiving goods and services within the accounting system and distributing Purchase Orders, including terms and conditions, to vendors for all assigned departments and projects. Ensure sales/use tax is properly stated on invoices; ensure invoices are mathematically correct and approved by the responsible managers; and ensure documentation for received good and services are forwarded to accounts payable for accrual in the accounting system (e.g., packing slip, bill of lading, receiving log)
4. Other ad-hoc miscellaneous duties as assigned
1. At least 2-3 years relevant experience in budget/financial management
2. Superb oral and written communication skills; ability to interact with cross-functional departments and all levels of leadership with a customer service orientation
3. Strong attention to detail
4. Proficiency to advanced knowledge of Excel
5. Bachelor’s degree with courses in Business, Finance or Accounting preferred
1. Experience with revenue forecasting preferred, either in a corporate or not-for-profit/government setting
2. Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM a big plus.
3. Familiarity with SAP BPC, Wide Orbit, and/or Microsoft Business Dynamics (Navision) or other ERP systems preferred
4. Strong initiative and ability to work autonomously with the ability to prioritize to meet stated deadlines
5. Familiarity with Powerpoint presentation materials
6. Critical thinking skills, ability to research and understand underlying issues
Let us tell you more about our benefits:
Whether you’re single, married, have children, are in a domestic partnership or anything in between, we have you covered. Employees at KQED enjoy a family friendly workplace offering 20 days of paid time off, 11 paid holidays, paid parental leave, family medical leave benefits, comprehensive health/vision/dental and commuter benefits as well as a 403(b) with employer match. KQED encourages diversity, openness and offers training to support personal and professional development. In addition we are proud to offer Employee Resource Groups, wellness programs as well as free KQED membership.
The mission that drives us:
KQED is for everyone who wants to be more.
Our television, radio, digital media, and educational services change lives for the better and help individuals and communities achieve their full potential.
KQED serves the people of Northern California with a community-supported alternative to commercial media.
We provide citizens with the knowledge they need to make informed decisions; convene community dialogue; bring the arts to everyone and engage audiences to share their stories. We help students and teachers thrive in 21st century classrooms, and take people of all ages on journeys of exploration- exposing them to new people, places and ideas.
We celebrate diversity, embrace innovation, value lifelong learning and partner with those who share our passion for public services.