Long Beach Transit
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Long Beach Transit
- Maintenance - Supervisor
Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor supervises mechanics and utility workers in the maintenance and repair of Long Beach Transit (LBT) buses. This position also requires the incumbent to diagnose vehicle and equipment failures and train new mechanics in proper repair procedures.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Schedules and assigns vehicle repair work
- Maintains vehicle repair records and prepares maintenance related reports
- Supervises work quality and productivity of mechanics and utility workers
- Diagnoses vehicle defects and/or equipment problems
- Interprets and administers provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement with Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) Local 1277 pertaining to frontline Maintenance employees
- Uses effective communication, training, counseling and appraisal techniques
- Assists in disciplinary hearings
- Assists in recruitment efforts
- Performs some project management; schedules and tracks projects to completion
- Budgets time, parts and labor
- Performs trend analysis using computer programs
- Takes action to correct and/or report unsafe conditions or actions to the Safety Officer
- Ensures that personal protective equipment is worn when necessary
- Investigates and reports all accidents and incidents, and issues warnings per disciplinary procedures for violations of agency safety and health procedures
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ATTRIBUTES AND SKILL SETS:
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple complex projects
- Proactive and achievement driven
- Strong work ethic with ability to multi-task
- Availability and flexibility to work any shift and any days of the week including weekends
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent collaboration skills with both internal and external clients
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite programs, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to plan and organize work, meeting schedules and timelines
- Ability to maintain records and prepare reports
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma with demonstrated experience as a journeyman mechanic in heavy equipment repairs
- Previous supervisory experience is desirable
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Possession of a valid California Class B driver’s license is required.
Upon Request, a DMV K-4 printout is required with application (must be current within the 30 days of the printout).
Apply online at ridelbt.com/careers. Online applications must include past work history and be fully completed to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a complete online application.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the United States. Long Beach Transit does not sponsor H-1B or other related work visas.
Hiring Range: (Based on Experience): $66,115.04 to $74,646.01 Annual (DOQ), with excellent fringe benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Successful candidate must pass agency and Department of Transportation (DOT) physical, drug and alcohol examinations.
Long Beach Transit, 1963 E. Anaheim Street, Long Beach, CA 90813
This job description is not intended to be a complete listing of all the job duties required of this position, but to provide information on the general scope of the position.