Marshall Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Practitioner - MMF SIERRA PRIMARY MEDICINE-Placerville
at Marshall Medical Centers
MMF SIERRA PRIMARY MEDICINE-Placerville
Primarily Day shift
- Masters Degree Required
- Current Registered Nursing Licensure
- Current BLS (must be American Red Cross or American Heart )
- 2-5 yrs. experience preferred
This position will function as an Electronic Medical Record Nurse Practitioner who will assist the providers of the medical group to deliver quality health care services and complete EMR work processes in the Marshall Medical Center (MMC) Physician Clinics in accordance with the California Nurse Practice Act, the written Nurse Practitioner Standardized Procedures/Protocols, and under the direction of the supervising physicians. This position may perform telephonic and/or e-visits. The Nurse Practitioner maintains excellent public relations by interacting with patients, visitors, physicians, and other staff members in a friendly and professional manner, functioning as a patient advocate at all times.
- Current State of California license as a registered nurse required.
- A Master of Science degree in Nursing, encompassing 12-24 months of specialized classroom and experimental learning as a nurse practitioner.
- Certification by the American Nurse Credentialing Center must be obtained within twelve months of employment.
- Must apply for, be awarded, and maintain privileges as an Allied Health Professional in accordance with the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff of Marshall Medical Center.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Two years of related clinical nursing experience.
- Professional knowledge of nursing theory and practice.
- Extensive knowledge of physical assessment, differential diagnosis, pathophysiology, pharmacological and management of acute and chronic patient/family problems.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards
- Excellent understanding of medical office, patient and information flow.
- Previous experience with Epic EMR preferred.
- High level of analytic ability, attention to detail, and critical thinking skills.
- Superior interpersonal and customer service skills required to instruct patients/families, and to collaborate with health care team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical ability to work and stand frequently for extended periods of time.