Marshall Medical Centers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapist - PHYSICAL REHAB SVCS-HOSPITAL
at Marshall Medical Centers
PHYSICAL REHAB SVCS-HOSPITAL
Per Diem 1
Primarily Weekend Days
- Tel: 530-626-2819
- Masters Degree Preferred
- Current BLS (must be American Red Cross or American Heart )
- Physical Therapist License
Under the direction of the Director of Rehabilitation Services, the Physical Therapist (PT) coordinates the evaluation, treatment and clinical activities in the provision of physical therapy so that effective and optimum quality of patient care is delivered.
· Graduation from a school of Physical Therapy (PT) with a minimum of a B.S. or B.A. degree and successful completion of clinical internship requirements.
· Current possession of licensure or eligibility for licensure as a physical therapist by the Board of Medical Examiners, State of
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
· Masters degree preferred.
· One year of professional experience as a Physical Therapist preferred.
· Knowledge and understanding of physical therapy procedures and techniques required for providing routine inpatient, SNF and outpatient Physical Therapy evaluations and treatments.
· Knowledge of geriatric and general neurological rehabilitation techniques beneficial.
· Knowledge of infection control procedures.
· Knowledge of proper body mechanics.
· Ability to follow directions accurately.
· Ability to establish effective relationships with patients and fellow employees.
· Ability to assume responsibility for updating skills as required by hospital policy.
· Ability to walk and stand for long periods.
· Ability to stoop and mechanically operate wheelchair accessories repetitively throughout the day.
· Ability to position and transfer dependent patients in and out of bed without assistance.