Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DAS Commissioning Engineer
at McKinstry Co.
At McKinstry, we’re proud to be a collective group of innovators and problem-solvers, builders and engineers, mentors and students. We strive to create a safe and engaging work environment that empowers you to do the work you are passionate about.
We believe deeply that energy and facility services, engineering and construction are revolutionizing the built environment – and if you’re driven by our mission to transform ideas into meaningful relationships and together, build a thriving planet, McKinstry may be the place for you. Serving our community together is one of the ways we at McKinstry put our shared purpose into action.
Total collaboration and a diverse, employee-centric work experience are what we can provide you. Integrated delivery and true consultative partnership is what you will help us provide for our clients. Our culture is what differentiates us and because of this, we seek exceptional talent that believes what we believe.
Here's where you come in:
We are currently seeking a DAS Commissioning Engineer to join our team as a member of our growing Wireless division.
You're great at:
- Provide recommendations and feedback regarding the design, equipment selection, test and balance requirements, maintainability, and potential enhancements of the system.
- Assess the capability of the system(s) and documentation to achieve the design intent.
- Understand the design concept and intent by reviewing system construction documentation, including drawings and scheduled equipment.
- Review documentation for compliance with McKinstry design standards, industry best practices, commissioning standards, and project specifications (if applicable).
- Develop project specific commissioning plans, procedures, and schedules.
- Manage project specific pre-start, start-up, and test-adjust-balance fieldwork.
- Conduct commissioning coordination meetings as needed with the owner, project management, and contractor commissioning team as defined in the commissioning plan.
- Maintain, track and operate test equipment.
- Provide technical support to installation teams.
- Develop a project-specific training agenda and manage the systems training of assigned McKinstry Service personnel and/or owner’s representatives.
- Maintain complete and legible commissioning documentation to be used in the commissioning report.
- Contribute (on behalf of the owner) to the efficient and effective resolution of deficiencies and construction-related issues (RFI, ASI etc.)
- Represent McKinstry at project-specific commissioning coordination meetings.
- Compile project documentation and transmit to business and brand services for report publication.
- Verify the system installation and functional performance are per McKinstry standards, industry best practices, and the contract documents
- Verify the cable and fiber sweeps by obtaining completed reports from the installation team, and direct performing testing and verification.
- Verify that system alarm dial out, and remote monitoring capabilities are complete per McKinstry standards and contract documents.
- Review system as-built documentation for accuracy and completeness.
- Communicate noted commissioning issues, questions, and concerns through proper channels in a timely manner.
- Work with commissioning manager to schedule the required equipment calibrations.
What we would like to see from you:
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Commissioning Technician.
- Three (3) years of experience operating RF Communications test equipment required including cable analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and drive test tools.
- High school diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience required.
- BA/BS Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of RF Communications systems required.
- Working knowledge of control systems required.
- Ability to read and understand construction documents (mechanical drawings, specifications, etc.) required.
- Certifications in DAS commissioning for various OEMs preferred.
- Ability to use PC or tablet-based data collection tools such as JDSU E6474A, TEMS or NEMO Outdoor preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Outlook required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
McKinstry is a drug-free workplace. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test, complying with the requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act and a Confidentiality Agreement, in addition to successful outcomes of background and reference checks.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.