Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Executive Business Administrator
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Business Support
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
What is Yammer?
Yammer is THE social network for the workplace - used by millions of employees every day to build community and culture, share knowledge, and connect with their leaders and each other.
Yammer was one of the first startup unicorns this past decade and we were acquired by Microsoft in 2012. A lot of what makes working at Yammer special is the unique blend of being a “startup” within a top-tier tech company.
Working at Yammer has many of the upsides of working at a startup, such as autonomy and the freedom to innovate - without the downsides (like instability).
- As a growing product with its own focus, we decide as a team where we want to head and the bets we want to take.
- We get to make our own technology decisions and pick the best of open source and internal technology.
- We do a lot with a smaller team, which means people get to wear multiple hats and have outsized impact.
At the same time, we also have the benefits of working at a top tech company like Microsoft:
- Compensation and benefits
- Internal resources, technology and opportunities for growth
- Brand and networking
The last few years our focus was directed inward on much needed improvements and integration with Microsoft Office 365. Despite this, our active user base still doubled in this time period. We’re now able to focus our energies on totally revamping our product and user experience and releasing brand new product capabilities. It’s a great time to join - we are already at scale but there’s so much uncharted territory in front of us.
About this job
We are looking for an Executive Business Administrator to support the General Manager of Yammer & O365 Groups to help drive our team to operate with optimal efficiency. We’re a fast-paced global organization, so if you’re ready to make an impact at one of the world's leading companies, we want to meet with you!
In your day-to-day job, your primary role will be to support the General Manager, partner with the Business Manager and manage the overall rhythm of business. In addition, you will support the overall business operations and administration for the Yammer organization in San Francisco; while partnering closely with the team administrators in the Redmond and Sunnyvale offices. You will also have the opportunity to work on projects of special interest, such as philanthropy, hack days, Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, and more!
- Provide complex calendar and travel management for the GM, including customer visits and public speaking engagements.
- Responsible for ensuring that the team meets its financial accountabilities, including timely expense reports, purchase orders, spend against budget and other Microsoft policies.
- Partner with the Business Manager to oversee team health and business needs; including budget and headcount management, and procurement forecasting.
- Maintain close connection with business partners (especially HR, Finance and Recruitingstaff), to ensure compliance, drive efficiencies and monitor team health.
- Manage procurement, expense approvals, space, budget planning, employee data, team distribution groups and team sites, reporting, and on / off-boarding of employees; partnering with relevant stakeholders as necessary.
- Dotted-line lead administrator to the Yammer & Groups Administrative Team. Establish strong working relationships with administrators within the organization, including mentorship and training as needed.
- Plan team meetings, off-sites, morale events, support community events, and space moves.
- Exercise sound judgement and maintain integrity and professionalism in communicating and working with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- 3+ years of demonstrated Executive Administrative experience with a fast-paced global company.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (preferred but not required).
- Demonstrated strong capability in verbal and written communications skills for a geographically dispersed audience.
- Comfortable working in a global environment and across cultural boundaries.
- Ability to create effective relationships, collaborate internally and externally at all organizational levels.
- A self-starter with the ability to anticipate needs and act ahead of direct guidance in a fast-paced environment.
- A problem solver - eager to optimize projects and processes for overall business operational efficiency.
- Organized and detail oriented, with proven project and time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Approachable and can maintain a cool and focused persona under pressure, within short time constraints, and in relatively ambiguous and complex situations.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite. Bonus points if you have experience working with internal Microsoft tools such as Headtrax, MSS, iCIMS, Concur travel, MyOrder, Informa, AssetLink, and FIM.
- Experience working in a technology or product development environment (preferred but not required).
- Able to safely lift up to 30lbs.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.