Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Design Researcher
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Design Research
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
Are you creative, relish technical challenges and enjoy collaborating in a start-up environment? Do you want to work on technical solutions that will impact the future of Microsoft? The Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO) Team’s mission is to have a broad view of the global technology landscape internally and externally and enable engineering teams across Microsoft to achieve the overall company mission. We work with a distinguished set of engineers exploring technology trends such as the Intelligent Edge, Intelligent Car, AI/ML, OSS, data security and privacy, and blockchain. We help take the very best ideas and turn them into business strategies and products.
We have a unique opportunity for an experienced Senior Design Researcher to help us understand our customers and their needs. As the Senior Researcher, you'll be responsible for generating the research that helps set the strategic direction for some of our most critical technical challenges. Our small team within OCTO is focused on three overlapping missions: making deep learning legible, applying Mixed Reality to the practical use of Deep Learning, and Data Dignity.
- Making deep learning legible through visualization/UI
- Prototyping the Mixed Reality applications that leverage deep learning, to create new productivity scenarios
- Data Dignity customer research, incubation, and design recommendations
- Making complex technology simple and easy-to-use.
- Designing beautiful visuals interfaces.
- Crafting delightful interactions and animations.
- Building interactive prototypes.
- 5+ years’ experience designing and enterprise software experience a plus.
- Extensive and recognized backgrounds developing, designing, innovating, and bringing to the public Virtual Reality and Mixed Reality designs.?
- Familiarity with the principles and practice of machine learning.
- Experience working in collaborative research incubation settings.
- Ability to rapidly generate effective design presentations, prototypes, and proposals.
- Proficient with dev tools and layers associated with current VR/MR environments, as well as current experimental VR development environments, such as Anyland
- Track record of collaborating across multiple disciplines and executive stakeholders to drive change
- A passion for understanding users
- A collaborative spirit and enthusiasm for mentoring others
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate visually or with digital modalities
Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to apply. We can't wait to see the best-in-class user experiences we'll create together.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.