Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Engineer (FrontEnd)
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Software Development
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
What is Yammer?
Yammer is THE social network for the workplace - used by millions of employees every day to build community and culture, share knowledge, and connect with their leaders and each other.
Yammer was one of the first startup unicorns this past decade and we were acquired by Microsoft in 2012. A lot of what makes working at Yammer special is the unique blend of being a “startup” within a top-tier tech company.
Working at Yammer has many of the upsides of working at a startup, such as autonomy and the freedom to innovate - without the downsides.
- As a growing product with its own focus, we decide as a team where we want to head and the bets we want to take.
- We get to make our own technology decisions and pick the best of open source and internal technology. We run Linux on Azure, use Macbooks for development, Snowflake for analytics, etc.
- We do a lot with a smaller team, which means people get to wear multiple hats and have outsized impact
At the same time, we also have the benefits of working at a top tech company like Microsoft:
- Compensation and benefits
- Internal resources, technology and opportunities for growth
- Brand and networking
The last few years our focus was directed inward on much needed infrastructure improvements, like moving to the cloud. Despite this, our active user base still doubled in this time period. We’re now able to focus our energies on totally revamping our product and user experience and releasing brand new product capabilities. It’s a great time to join - we are already at scale but there’s so much uncharted territory in front of us.
We have various front-end web development opportunities in San Francisco Bay Area & Seattle location to build solutions that millions of users rely on every day to collaborate and make an impact. As a front end engineer, you will drive the next generation of experience and implementation of the web platform driven by React, Redux, TypeScript, GraphQL, Azure Cloud Services, etc. based on the latest tech stack and open source software in the industry. You are agile, can define and lead the north star vision, can crank out code with velocity, and are deeply passionate about delighting customers in the way they experience the journey with our product. You care deeply about code hygiene, quality, automation, tooling, and helping drive team velocity.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you!
- Design and implement the next generation Web Platform that delivers a reimagined UX experience, drives feature velocity, modularity, component reuse, performance/reliability
- Design and deliver beautiful and crisp visual experiences across web & desktop clients, scaling to audiences in the hundreds of millions.
- Work collaboratively with people across Product, Design, User Research and Engineering teams to deliver complex, large-scale projects.
- Develop user facing features (consumer grade) by translating graphical design and wireframes to code
- Translate technical excellence into delightful customer experience
- Build reusable code and libraries to enable efficiency in building
- Optimize code/application for best performance and scalability of our solutions serving global web, mobile and desktop clients.
- 3+ years’ engineering experience building front end web applications.
- Deep expertise in web markup including CSS3, HTML5
- Experience building fast and reusable, UI components under MVC or MVVM frameworks
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Good understanding of best practices of building cross browser and device independent interfaces
- Excellent teamwork and coordination skills with ability to create clarity from ambiguity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.