Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Product Analyst
at Microsoft Corporation
- Job number
- Job category
- Data & Applied Sciences
- Employment type
- Role type
- Individual Contributor
What is Yammer?
Yammer is THE social network for the enterprises - used by millions of employees every day to build community and culture, share knowledge, and connect with their leaders and each other.
Yammer was one of the first startup unicorns this past decade and we were acquired by Microsoft in 2012. A lot of what makes working at Yammer special is the unique blend of being a “startup” within a top-tier tech company.
Working at Yammer has many of the upsides of working at a startup, such as autonomy and the freedom to innovate - without the downsides.
- As a growing product with its own focus, we decide as a team where we want to head and the bets we want to take.
- We get to make our own technology decisions and pick the best of open source and internal technology. We run Linux on Azure, use Macbooks for development, Snowflake for analytics, etc.
- We do a lot with a smaller team, which means people get to wear multiple hats and have outsized impact
At the same time, we also have the benefits of working at a top tech company like Microsoft:
- Compensation and benefits
- Internal resources, technology and opportunities for growth
- Brand and networking
The last few years our focus was directed inward on much needed infrastructure improvements, like moving to the cloud. Despite this, our active user base still doubled in this time period. We’re now able to focus our energies on totally revamping our product and user experience and releasing brand new product capabilities. It’s a great time to join - we are already at scale but there’s so much uncharted territory in front of us.
On the Yammer DEA (Data Engineering & Analytics) team, our goal is to help the entire organization make better decisions by utilizing data.
As a Sr. Product Analyst, you will help the Product and Leadership teams make better decisions about the future of Yammer itself. You will have a massive amount of influence on what the product roadmap looks like and the ability to shape success criteria when delivering on that roadmap.
What makes this role special?
- Build and drive your own vision for what the analytics platform at Yammer should be and help us make it a reality.
- Already significant scale (10M+ MAU, 3M+ DAU)
- Opportunity for *massive scale* as Yammer sits within the O365 suite which has 100M+ users.
- Smaller analytics team means tons of ability to have impact
- Social enterprise = unique and interesting analytics problems (lots of independent social networks)
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed; Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations
- Utilize excellent communication skills to clearly distill the essence of your technical work to audiences of all levels and across multiple functional areas.
- Develop deep product intuition that you leverage to influence future product roadmaps and drive decision making.
- Work with product and engineering to craft experiments and test hypotheses.
- Navigate complex situations and influence across multiple product areas by leveraging leadership acumen.
- Experience with A/B Testing and experimental design
- 5+ years experience with SQL and Dashboarding
- Extensive knowledge of statistics and analytical concepts
- Experience utilizing data to drive product decisions and change minds.
- Ability to craft an engaging narrative backed with concise data visualizations to broad audiences.
- Masters or PhD with 2+ years work experience doing quantitative analysis
- Work experience in the social networking space
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.