Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Building Maintenance Supervisor
at OTO Development
Building Maintenance Supervisor
The Building Maintenance Supervisor is a position, where you would be responsible for maintaining the physical functionality and safety of the hotel. Specific tasks include: Responding to guest requests, performing preventative maintenance duties and procedures, leading a team of Building Maintenance Tech I, II to complete tasks as assigned by the Computerized Maintenance Management System (QUORE). Perform tasks as assigned by the Assistant General Manager and General Manager. Perform HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry, Painting projects. Oversee 3rd party outside contractors including but not limited to: Landscaper, Elevator, Fire Alarm and Sprinkler, Kitchen Equipment. Conduct and Record Energy Savings opportunities, Record and report completed repairs, and any items that require further attention.
Respond to Guest Related calls in a timely fashion. Efficiently plan and schedule Building Maintenance Techs as needed to properly cover the hotels operating hours. Respond to emergency situations promptly. Provide great guest service and complete task in a professional and hospitable manner while maintaining a professional appearance.
Essential Functions, Duties, Responsibilities to be performed with or without accommodation
- Wear provided brand-standard uniform, identification, required footwear, and protective equipment such as gloves
- Follow safe work procedures, including company key control procedures
- Performs daily duties including preventive maintenance in the following areas:
- Carpet and Tile Cleaning
- Preventative Maintenance in Guestrooms
- Ability to take Company paid Certified Pool Operator Class, and pass exam
- Follows Preventative Maintenance Plan to ensure hotel is operating at peak efficiency
- Minor HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical Repairs
- Ensures Fire Life Safety Systems are functioning and operational
- Change HVAC Filters
- Repair Locks and Doors
- Monitor kitchen and laundry equipment
- Works well within a schedule
- Effective Time Management
- Inspects and cleans up in rooms after working in them and ensures they meet Company standards
- Works with the Building Maintenance Tech I & II on tasks that require 2 people
- Ensures maintenance equipment is properly functioning and maintained (Capet machine)
- Ensures that all regular maintenance items are completed
- Responds to maintenance emergencies timely
- Ensures grounds, pool, and structure are properly maintained
- Collects and removes trash both inside and outside the hotel
- Sweeps and cleans sidewalks and stairs as needed. (Trash and weather related)
- Clears debris from parking lot, landscaping, and dumpster area daily
- Paints walls, ceilings, doors and window trim as needed
- Ensures Guest Laundry washers, dryers, vending machines and common areas are cleaned twice daily
- Adheres to all safety and security guidelines regarding equipment safety, guest safety and safe chemical handling procedures
- Manages the Maintenance Schedule
Skill, Experience, and Competency Requirements
- Currently working as a Building Maintenance Tech II for at least 2 years or at least 4-5 years of experience in a related field
- Currently managing at least one subordinate
- Proficient knowledge of hand tools
- Proficient knowledge of maintenance
- Ability to work well with others in a guest and team-focused environment
- Time Management capability to accomplish work within established parameters
- Customer Service focus to anticipate guest needs, greet and acknowledge guests, respond to guest requests, and ensure guest satisfaction
- Perseverance to complete work efficiently with attention to quality and detail
- Action Orientation to deliver the desired outcome
Physical and Intellectual Requirements
- Ability to bend at waist and work on knees.
- Ability to reach over head.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to work outside in hot or cold weather.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to push or pull cleaning equipment for extended periods of time
- Ability to read and communicate chemical labels and safety procedures
- Ability to enter information into online systems.
- Ability to use a smart device or computer
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to manage a team of at least 2 people
- Ability to comply with facility, guest, and personal safety procedures
Schedule with varying days and hours of work, weekends and holidays
Other duties as assigned by supervisor