Pacific Business Group on Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
General Manager, High Value Pharmacy
at Pacific Business Group on Health
The Pacific Business Group on Health (PBGH) is a national healthcare innovator driven by some of the largest and most influential purchasers of healthcare in the country - including Walmart, Intel, and Boeing – with a proven track record of improving health outcomes, experience, and affordability for consumers and purchasers across the United States. This role is based within PBGH's for-profit venture.
PBGH partners with public and private healthcare purchasers to identify, test, and scale innovative models and products for improving health outcomes and affordability. PBGH and its purchaser members are on the forefront of creating innovation in the healthcare system through employer-led products such as centers of excellence, direct contracting, patient-reported outcomes, and primary care-centered models.
PBGH is scaling these innovations through a for-profit venture which will operationalize healthcare products which are co-designed with and which meet the needs of employers and their employees.
We are seeking a General Manager, High Value Pharmacy, who will lead the for-profit venture’s High Value Pharmacy product line. The General Manager will refine the product roadmap for the pharmacy product portfolio and will launch its first product with employer partners and customers. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned entrepreneurial leader to launch a high value product with an established employer customer base and to be part of a new venture creating healthcare products in co-design with employers and employees.
The General Manager will be responsible for overall product leadership and for standing up the High Value Pharmacy business unit. This is a highly entrepreneurial role requiring expertise in healthcare product and business development (in a start-up environment and preferably in working with self-insured employers) combined with a commitment to mission-based impact.
Product Leadership and Launch
- Lead ongoing design of the pharmacy product portfolio and roadmaps. Co-design with employers and employees to ensure products meet needs and are positioned for impact.
- Maintain a robust process for rapidly identifying and prioritizing new pharmacy product development opportunities and features.
- Launch first pharmacy product, operationalizing product design for efficient and effective adoption by employers and employees and ensuring the highest clinical and scientific standards.
- Create vendor partnerships for key capabilities, creating partner KPIs and ensuring that vendor partners bring high value to employer customers.
- Ensure customer success with achievement of metrics reflecting employer and employee impact.
- Continuously refine the pharmacy product business plan and collaborate on investor relations.
- Identify and implement innovative partnership strategies that leverage employer co-design of the product portfolio and its mission impact.
- Engage an established employer customer base while designing and implementing a marketing and sales infrastructure for scale.
- Leverage communications to ensure products are accurately positioned and differentiated within the marketplace.
- Manage the pharmacy portfolio’s financial plan, ensuring achievement of financial targets.
Business Unit Management
- Stand-up the High Value Pharmacy business unit with efficiency and pace.
- Create a high-performing team of internal and external resources, ensuring an entrepreneurial and impact-focused culture.
- Establish a template for other business unit and product launches, and serve as a leader within the venture.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Prior Experience
- Forward thinking, entrepreneurial healthcare product leader with 7-10 years of experience in healthcare product, business development, and/or network design in the pharmacy space.
- Previous responsibility for overall business unit or product P&L responsibility strongly preferred.
- Start-up experience required and early start-up experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in business development and fundraising in the healthcare industry.
- Experience working with self-insured employers, preferably experience in identifying and scaling employer-led purchasing innovations.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communications skills, with experience in crafting high value and innovative partnerships.
- Track record of building successful products with strategic vision and hands-on management.
- Demonstrated track record of building effective external and internal teams and in building high-performing team cultures.
- Ability to travel up to 25% within the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Masters preferred especially in business, healthcare administration/operations, clinical field (pharmacy, nursing, medicine), or a related field.
Work location for this role is flexible within the United States.