Pacific Business Group on Health
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Development Specialist
at Pacific Business Group on Health
The Pacific Business Group on Health (PBGH) is an action-oriented non-profit focused on improving health outcomes, experience, and affordability for consumers and purchasers across the United States. Since 1989, PBGH has distinguished itself as a national health care innovator driven by some of the largest and most influential purchasers of healthcare in the country, including Boeing, Intel, CalPERS and Walmart.
PBGH partners with public and private healthcare purchasers to identify, test, and scale innovative models for improving health outcomes and affordability. PBGH and its purchaser members are on the forefront of creating innovation in the healthcare system through employer-led products such as centers of excellence, direct contracting, patient-reported outcomes, and primary care-centered models. PBGH works directly in the healthcare system, policy and measurement arenas to create change.
PBGH is widely recognized for implementation of new, disruptive ideas, including an employer-led centers of excellence solution which offers employees and their families access to high-quality patient care for surgery (joints, spine, and bariatric), cardiac care, and oncology. Since its introduction 7 years ago, the centers of excellence product has demonstrated exceptional patient outcomes and cost savings, has been adopted by large employers, and is well poised for large-scale adoption. PBGH is actively scaling the centers of excellence product in partnership with employers, including through a new venture to operationalize the centers of excellence and other employer-designed products.
We are seeking a Network Development Specialist who will drive the development and management of provider relationships supporting the expansion of our centers of excellence product.
This is a role which hinges on both close interaction with the PBGH measurement and analytics team as well as with our nationwide network of providers and health systems. The Network Development Specialist will partner with the PBGH measurement and analytics team to identify key clinical performance metrics and incorporate these measures in developing and managing a best-in-class network of individual providers and health systems. The Network Development Specialist will then develop and drive formal partnerships with providers and health systems with the goal of creating a best-in-class network for employers and employees.
This is a collaborative as well as partnership development role requiring prior expertise in provider network development, combined with a commitment to mission-based impact for PBGH’s self-insured employer base.
Centers of Excellence Network Development
- Partner with SMEs (metrics, measurement, QI) to lead the development, selection, and implementation of high-quality centers of excellence for self-insured employers and their employees. This includes the thought leadership as well as execution on the definition of high priority conditions and geographies and the selection of providers and facilities
- Leverage PBGH’s quality and patient experience measurement infrastructure and metrics for identifying top performing providers.
- Develop and implement a robust provider selection process and create trusted relationships with providers and health systems.
- Develop formal partnerships with these providers, driven by both rates as well as continued adherence to PBGH performance metrics.
- Partner with PBGH’s Quality Improvement team to deliver feedback to our network of participating providers and renegotiate or expand the network as needed.
- Create a robust performance management and reporting infrastructure for employers.
- Support the ongoing development of the network to meet employer needs, including the development of additional centers of excellence as well as load balancing employee location with center capacity, for example.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Prior Experience
- 5-7 years of experience in direct contracting with providers required. This experience should include both excellent relationship building skills as well as experience in creating formal partnerships.
- Experience working with health systems as well as health plans and TPAs.
- Experience in applying performance metrics to provider selection and in continuous management of a high-quality network.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and experience; start-up experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, diagnostic, critical thinking and project management skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Ability to travel up to 30% within the U.S.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Role can be based anywhere in the U.S.
Base salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience and qualifications. PBGH offers a competitive salary, including year-end bonus potential, a contributory retirement plan, comprehensive benefits, and opportunities for professional growth. For more information and to apply, please visit www.pbgh.org.