Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Strategic Capital (Fund Formation)
Job Title:Director, Strategic Capital (Fund Formation)
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
The Prologis Strategic Capital team is seeking a Director, Strategic Capital to help lead major private capital initiatives, manage and negotiate equity closings into Prologis open end funds and support management and operations of the Prologis fund management business. Ideally, this person will be based in San Francisco or Denver although we are open to discussing other locations. We are looking for a self-starting, problem solving, pro-active person to help the Strategic Capital team achieve its goals in a fast-paced environment.
Here's how to do that:
- Critical team member that, at times, will lead various pieces, including JV formation, documentation preparation, identifying and addressing legal, tax and structuring issues for both participants and real estate involved in transaction in conjunction with outside counsel and internal personnel.
- Review and negotiate legal documentation prepared by outside counsel and obtain internal approvals.
- Coordinate with all groups within Prologis to ensure structure and operations proposed will be manageable within Prologis corporate structure and operations routines.
- Understand international transaction structure and participate in discussions of, and perform analyses to minimize, tax impact to Prologis and JV partners
- Partner with teams on equity closings for Prologis’ open-end funds, working closely with Prologis' internal capital raising and fund management teams.
- Share responsibility in matters relating to existing funds, including exit planning, amendments to governing documents, management of data rooms, investor due diligence, side letters and compliance.
- Global involvement with all people and parts of the company.
- Provide transactional work in other Prologis departments from time to time as needed.
Tell us if you're ready.
- Seven-plus years of experience in JVs, fund formation or international / corporate transactions.
- Juris Doctor degree and fund formation experience preferred.
- Able to lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate expertise in leading complex transactions.
- Broad knowledge base and “big picture” strategic thinking.
- Able to make decisions in the absence of perfect information. Confident in making recommendations, escalating risks and identifying solutions to senior leaders appropriately and transparently.
- Demonstrate self-confidence with senior management and mature conduct in high pressure and sensitive situations.
- Able to work independently, handle multiple priorities and apply good judgment.
- Familiarity with commercial real estate and institutional real estate practices preferred. Knowledge of financial statements and accounting principles preferred.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time
Location:San Francisco, California
Additional Locations:Denver, Colorado
The World’s Leader in Logistics Real Estate
Prologis provides efficient logistics real estate solutions to the world. In partnership with top manufacturing and distribution companies, we ensure timely delivery of the products that make modern life possible.