Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
On-Call Kitchen Aide/Food Server (UCHS Drop-In Center)
at Heluna Health
This is an On-Call position and must be available for all shifts.
The United Council of Human Services (UCHS) is a community-based Homeless Program based in San Francisco’s BayView/Hunters Point community. The Kitchen Aide helps prepare and serve food to clients and maintains the kitchen and dining areas in sanitary condition.
• Prepares all menu items using established departmental policies and procedures.
• Assures presentation of all menu items adhere to established standards.
• Assures all menu items are prepared according to established policies and procedures.
• Assures all food and other departmental supplies are ordered and received in a timely manner so adequate inventory levels are maintained to support volume or anticipated volume.
• Assures menu items are prepared in sufficient quantities to satisfy volumes.
• Serves food in proper pre-determined portion sizes.
• Serves food that is the correct serving temperature and quality.
• Receives deliveries when assigned.
• Develops and maintains adequate food/supplies, orders as required.
• Cleans kitchen including serving area continually.
• Cleans kitchen area before and after business hours.
• Maintains appearance of all equipment and serving counters.
• Assists with the training of new employees.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Provides services in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Knowledge of serving temperatures and qualities.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Time Management Skills.
• Excellent customer services skills
• Successfully pass the Background Check
• High School Diploma and/or GED
• Food Handler Certification Required
• TB Test Required
Other Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Experience in Food Services preferred.
Handling / Fingering Frequently
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally - Up to 25 lbs.
Push/Pull Occasionally - Up to 25 lbs.
Taste/ Smell Frequently
General Office Setting, Indoors Temperature Controlled
PHFE is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.