Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
California based Ready Pac, is a premier producer of convenience fresh foods, including fresh-cut produce. The company is entering a new chapter of transformation and is on a mission to give people the freedom to eat healthier. By focusing on a strong performance culture, lean operations, and innovative product development, Ready Pac is poised for growth. With processing facilities throughout the United States, Ready Pac manufactures a complete range of value-added products featuring fresh produce and protein. Offerings include fresh-cut salads, fruits, vegetables, snacking, complete meals and prepared foods that are distributed in supermarkets and restaurant chains across North America. For more information, visit www.readypac.com.
- Key Areas of Responsibility (Answerable for the following end results)
- Maintain policies, procedures, and programs related to environmental, health and safety (EHS) practices and requirements.
- Ensure all federal, state and local EHS laws and regulations, codes and plant safety rules are observed.
- Ensure all EHS record keeping and reporting requirements are met.
- Participate in and conduct occupational safety and environmental conformance audits.
- Maintain a strong and consistent daily presence on the floor to audit and immediately correct unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- Partner with all departments to promote and ensure compliance.
- Attend huddles and meetings.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with the EHS Committee.
- Participate in ergonomic assessments and recommend improvements.
- Facilitate the resolution and timely response to EHS action plans.
- Follow all WC cases with appropriate tracking and record keeping.
- Generate compliance reports as required.
- Provide support with inspections: corporate, federal, state, and local agencies when necessary.
- Provide input in the development stages of current as well as pending processes entering into the facility.
- Train employees on all necessary EHS programs, policies, and procedures. Ensure training is documented.
- Audit all hazardous and non-hazardous waste storage, handling, and disposal.
- Provide statistics for continual improvement in the workplace in regards to EHS.
- Ensure external and internal complaints related to EHS are recorded appropriately and reported to management.
- Provide support with emergency response procedures, training, and practice drills.
- Conduct routine workplace safety inspections and job hazard analysis for continual improvement and to reduce workplace incidents and injuries.
- Coordinate post incident drug and alcohol screens as necessary. Ensure the proper selection of EHS supplies including PPE. Document all activities as required.
- Ability to spend about 50% of the time with presence on the floor to audit and immediately correct unsafe behaviors and conditions.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing to create a strong partnership with all departments.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard business equipment and software, including Microsoft Office, Google and email.
- Ability to work 2nd shift from 3:00pm to 11:30pm and Sundays from 8:00am to 5:00pm and overtime when needed.
- Requires a valid driver's license.
- Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in safety, or equivalent work experience preferred but not required.
- Minimum of three years related experience and/or training preferred but not required.
- Audit and immediately correct unsafe behaviors and conditions
- Review and analyze accident and incident reports to determine root causes. Report solutions for accident prevention
- Advise employees and management on minimizing and eliminating workplace risks
- Establish, prepare, implement, revise, and maintain policies and procedures to meet current and known future environmental, safety and health requirements
- Must plan and conduct facility audits and recommend actions for the correction of hazardous situations
- Create, implement, and continually update safety training i.e. OPLs
- Promote and maintain a flexible, cooperative, team oriented, and customer focused attitude within and between departments
- Develop and maintain resource information
- Provide regular safety training to employees in partnership with team leaders and managers on all shifts
- Update all safety manuals, orientation programs, and safety guidelines
- Ensure compliance with with hazardous and non-hazardous waste and storm-water programs
- Conduct new employee safety orientations
- Prepare and distribute all safety communications
- Conduct job safety analyses and risk assessments to develop safe work procedures on all shifts
- Compile data to assess existing processes and practices; determine severity and frequency of problems; identify needs and solutions
- Design and implement special programs to correct adverse safety performance trends
- Interpret state and federal regulations and standards, following company policies and safety procedures
- Ability to promote and maintain positive relationships.
- Good work ethic - proactive, self-motivated, reliable.
- Confidence in own abilities and capable of acting decisively, assertively and respectfully.
- Ability to project and maintain professionalism with a diversity of people inside and outside the Company.
- Willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and in stressful situations and maintain attention to detail.
- Must have a passion for the business and the "will" to succeed.
- A proven track record of results with a bias for action
- A passion for learning and a craving to work in a fun culture
- Assist with providing documentation for workers compensation program, including communication with providers and insurance carriers
- Coordinate transport for injured employees to and from clinic/hospital when medical treatment is necessary
- Maintain Hazard Communication policy and procedures
- Conduct operational audits of required safety related documentation to ensure compliance
- Prepare audit result reports and follow up on remediation required.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual required reports for environmental, safety and health
- Assist in the monthly Safety Committee meetings, huddles and other meetings
- Maintain databases and reporting systems for safety training, near-miss records, and other related policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance of local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Comply with all Human Resources Department and Company policies, procedures, and programs
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintain departmental housekeeping/filing standards
- Good knowledge of basic principles of accident prevention and safety.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Computer literate.
- Comprehensive organization, oral and written communication, motivation, human relations, records keeping, problem-solving and follow-through skills.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Nothing in this position description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that may be required to be performed by an incumbent in this job. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
Ready Pac Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates in employment.