Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Position: Label Fabricator (Label Clerk)
Reports To: Team Lead
Location: All Locations
Updated: December 2019
Who We Are: Home of the original Bistro Bowl® complete meal salad, Southern California-based Ready Pac Foods, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BOND.PA), has been giving people the freedom to eat healthier for nearly 50 years. As a premier producer of convenience fresh foods and fresh cut produce and with processing facilities throughout the United States, Ready Pac Foods manufactures a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevAte™ and Fresh Prep'd™ brands. Offerings include fresh-cut salads, soup kits, wrap kits, fruits, vegetables and fresh snacking options available where consumers buy groceries and in restaurant chains across North America For more information, visit www.readypac.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Label Fabricator role within our manufacturing plants supports our overall production team as they drive production to the highest safety, quality and efficiency standards. This position operates and maintains the label applicator equipment inside of the label cage.
What you will Do:
- Ensure compliance with and maintain all GMP/PPE/Safety, SQF, HACCP, Sanitation guidelines and processes.
- Maintain an uninterrupted flow of labels by understanding production needs
- Validate that printed labels accurately reflect production work orders and print labels according to production schedule.
- Ability to troubleshoot label machine, and conduct preventative maintenance.
- Manage the Red BEAM System ( Check-in/out process, maintenance of scanner, Inventory).
- Understand DSI Scanner Functions to allocate inventory to various production work orders.
- Knowledge & understanding of how to maintain a safe work environment, maintain a clean work area, works safely around moving equipment & conveyors in wet environment and report all accidents and safety concerns to Department Leadership immediately.
- Communicate verbally & in writing to complete required documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What you will Need:
- Knowledge of GMP's &, Safety Guidelines.
- Understanding and navigation of JDE, DSI/Bartender.
- Mechanical aptitude (adjust fluids, minor machine adjustments).
- Comprehension of basic math and basic computer skills.
- Willingness to work in a cold environment.
- Reading, Writing, Speaking English.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to work flexible schedule & ability to work in a fast paced environment..
- Ability to understand plant KPI's (production, quality & safety).
- Ability to be crossed trained & multitask in multiple positions.
- GED/High School Diploma.
Related Success Metrics:
- Performance efficiency, Rework, OEE, Product Specification compliance.
- FO, KPI, Consumer Complaints
- TCIR, LWCR
- Fill Rate and labor and yield efficiencies
- Engagement Survey and RCE Phase Assessment results
- Excellence- ability to deliver consistent quality results through sense of urgency and taking initiative, while also demonstrating flexibility to meet business needs.
- People-minded- ability to foster mutual respect and positive relationships with co-workers, demonstrates listening skills and ensures physical safety of self and others.
- Integrity- honors commitments, acts honestly and with accountability.
- Fairness- ensures objectivity and sets a good example for others.
Physical Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to perform repetitive movements and have the ability to frequently move, push, or carry items up to 50lbs. The associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to extreme cold. The associate frequently works in high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.