Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Line Inspector - 2nd
Position: Line Inspector
Reports To: Quality Team Lead
Updated: November 2019
This is a 2nd shift position with a start time of 3:45PM -- End of shift (typically 2AM). Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat
Who We Are: Home of the original Bistro Bowl® complete meal salad, Southern California-based Ready Pac Foods, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BOND.PA), has been giving people the freedom to eat healthier for nearly 50 years. As a premier producer of convenience fresh foods and fresh cut produce and with processing facilities throughout the United States, Ready Pac Foods manufactures a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevAte™ and Fresh Prep'd™ brands. Offerings include fresh-cut salads, soup kits, wrap kits, fruits, vegetables and fresh snacking options available where consumers buy groceries and in restaurant chains across North America For more information, visit www.readypac.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The line inspector is a key position within our manufacturing plants and supports our production team leads as they drive production to the highest safety, quality and efficiency standards. This position is exposed to multiple refrigerated areas within production. Position responsible for performing finished goods checks.
What you will Do:
- Follows GMP/PPE, Safety guidelines
- Follow & maintain HACCP & Sanitation guidelines & processes
- Understands yield standards
- Works safely around moving equipment & conveyors in wet environment
- Completes product change over tasks
- Weigh bowls using scales
- Scheduling Adherence
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Conducts the following checks (bowl label, code dates, lot verification, composition, gas, seal, temperature)
- Comply with SQF Regulatory Programs
- Maintains a clean work area
- Machine set-up and operation (computer, gas machine, fish tanks)
- Basic machine troubleshooting
- Conduct metal detector verifications
- Verifies product meets quality standards for size and color without having foreign objects or defects
- Perform equipment adjustments, equipment center lining, and pre-flight start up inspections.
- Four equipment related skills for operators: Ability to detect abnormalities, ability to correct abnormalities and restore functioning, ability to set optimum equipment conditions, ability to maintain optimal equipment conditions
- Audits production lines for USDA compliance
- Follow & enforce the 5S Methodology
- Maintain tools & equipment as delimited by the 5S marking
What you will Need:
- Ability to read, write and speak English; comprehension of basic math.
- Willingness and flexibility to work in a cold, wet, fast-paced, 24 hour plant environment.
- Comprehension of basic math
- Ability to work independently and in a fast paced team environment.
- GED/High School Diploma.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to understand plant KPIs (production, quality & safety)
Related Success Metrics:
- Performance efficiency, rework, OEE, Product Specification compliance
- FO, KPI, Quality Response, Consumer Complaints
- TCIR, LWCR
- Fill Rate, Labor & Yield Efficiencies
- Excellence- Making performance and quality our priorities.
- People-minded- ability to foster mutual respect and positive relationships with co-workers, and ensures physical safety of self and others.
- Integrity- honors commitments, acts honestly and with accountability.
Physical Work Environment / Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to perform repetitive movements (i.e., scooping condiments into salad bowls). The associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to move about within a fast paced environment in/outside facility, and traverse between maintenance shop & production floor.
- Ability to position self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Ability to frequently move, push, or carry items up to 50lbs
- Exposed to cold & wet environment 34 degrees. Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions
- Must be able to exchange accurate information through frequent communications within all levels of the organization
- Must be able to detect, identify, inspect, observe, and assess surroundings