Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Machine Operator 1
Who We Are: Home of the original Bistro Bowl® complete meal salad, Southern California-based Ready Pac Foods, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bonduelle (BOND.PA), has been giving people the freedom to eat healthier for nearly 50 years. As a premier producer of convenience fresh foods and fresh cut produce and with processing facilities throughout the United States, Ready Pac Foods manufactures a complete range of products featuring fresh produce and protein under the company's Bistro®, Ready Snax®, Cool Cuts®, elevAte™ and Fresh Prep'd™ brands. Offerings include fresh-cut salads, soup kits, wrap kits, fruits, vegetables and fresh snacking options available where consumers buy groceries and in restaurant chains across North America For more information, visit www.readypac.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Machine Operator 1 will help manufacture our Ready Pac fresh foods while meeting quality standards. This position requires work exposure in multiple areas in our refrigerated production environment. Specifically responsible for operating Spin Dryers, Heat Seals, CVL, and/or Blast Cooler equipment.
What You Will Do:
- Follow all GMP/PPE, Safety Guidelines.
- Understand and adhere to production schedule.
- Communicate verbally & in writing to complete required documentation (Blade Verification).
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of how to maintain a safe work environment.
- Manage and reduce waste (product giveaway) by diligently operating equipment.
- Comply with SQF Regulatory Programs.
- Conduct daily quality inspections for blades, spin dryers, barrels, and flume system.
- Conduct pre-shift and post- shift inspections.
- Work safely around moving equipment, hoist system & conveyors in wet environment.
- Perform safe handling of blades and all other equipment.
- Perform visual checks of defect, FO's, size, color, quality, etc.
- Conduct repetitive motions including bending / lifting/ pushing/ pulling of: boxes/ hoist/spin dryer barrels/ blades/ finished goods / raw goods.
- Move 300lbs-1500 lbs of boxes/ finished goods / raw goods, using a pallet jack.
- Report all accidents and safety concerns to Department Leadership immediately.
- Maintain an uninterrupted flow of product.
- Perform preventative maintenance in basic maintenance of the equipment.
- Dispense raw product into barrels, mixer machines, feeding spin dryers and hopper, utilizing automated hoist (300lbs-500lbs).
- Operate heat seal equipment.
What You Will Need:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read, write and speak English; comprehension of basic math.
- Follow all GMP/PPE, Safety Guidelines.
- Knowledge of HACCP & Sanitation guidelines & processes.
- Willingness and flexibility to work in a cold, wet, fast-paced, 24 hour plant environment.
- Able to work flexible schedule.
- Ability to understand plant KPI's (production, quality & safety).
- Ability to be cross-trained and multitask in multiple positions.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- GED/High School Diploma.
Related Success Metrics:
- Performance efficiencies (fill rate, labor & yield), rework, OEE, production specification compliance
- FO, KPI, Quality Response, Consumer Complaints
- Excellence - ability to deliver consistent quality results through sense of urgency and taking initiative, while also demonstrating flexibility to meet business needs.
- People-minded - ability to foster mutual respect and positive relationships with co-workers, demonstrates listening skills and ensures physical safety of self and others.
- Integrity - honors commitments, acts honestly and with accountability.
- Fairness - ensures objectivity and sets a good example for others.
Physical Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to perform repetitive movements. The associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to extreme cold. The associate frequently works in high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.